Linking on Mindmap without copying the excerpt

I would like to link different excerpts, since they share common ideas or just include deeper information. My structure does not allow them to become part of a parent / child relationship since it is a many to many relation.

When I use the link function in MarginNote, the content of the links is copied and added to the linked instances. With many to many or even one to many relationship, this will produce a HUGE note on the mindmap. Is is possible to just link two excerpts? Nothing more. Just a thin line or an arrow from one to the other that shows me, that they are somewhat related.

3 Likes

AGREED! Would love simple connections without the merging.

1 Like

Now there is no option in MarginNote to link two excerpts without the merging, I will post your idea in Feature Requests.

Regards
Support Team

1 Like

I haven’t used linking because the excerpts clutter my Mindmaps and make it unsuable. Are there plans to add an option for the linking feature without displaying excerpts?

1 Like

Hello

Sorry, it's not available now. We will take your suggestion into our roadmap, as it exactly causes some visual problem. Could you tell me more about this feature? If it doesn't show the excerpts, how do you want to jump to the links?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Chelsea
Support Team