Lock / Anchor nodes to position

With the (awesome!) new handwriting on mindmaps feature I am creating nodes from some of my spider diagrams. However if I have to hit the „rearrange“ nodes, or accidentally hit it, the node is shifted away from the handwriting, which makes a mess of the spider diagram:

An option to lock specific nodes like this to position would be great. Or maybe there is a way to do this that I am unaware of.
P.S. love the latest update great work team! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello

Thank you for the screenshot, I have recorded your request.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

Hi,

I saw in a recent update the “bind to node feature”, which goes part of the way to solving this thread. Having said this, there are a couple of issue with it:

• “Rearrange” function causes text bound to nodes to display on top of other unrelated nodes
  • Each portion of text must be manually bound (anchoring a node would resolve this issue)
  • It is not possible to select & bind text that is drawn directly on top of a node

Let me know if any clarification is needed on the above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Request: LOCK A Note TO BACKGROUND

If you rearrange the Mindmaps a Note will change its position. To avoid that, you can keep the Note locked or bind it to the background and add other sketches over it.

Microsoft Whiteboard allows to lock images:

https://cdn.guidingtech.com/imager/assets/237720/microsoft-whiteboard-tips-tricks-27_4d470f76dc99e18ad75087b1b8410ea9.webp