Lots of Feedback!

I have been using this app for years and it’s my go to note-taking software for biochemical sciences. I leave feedback for a lot of apps and softwares and I want to leave for this one to in hopes of adding these features asap to have more functionality. I hope this can be done for both ipad and mac (and any other platforms) because i use both simultaneously to take notes on MargiNote and payed for both subscriptions.

1. In mind map view it would be useful if we could move the notes around in any position we want when it is in the branch view mode>framework style. Currently it has these auto-columns so only a certain amount of notes can be placed under each other in a certain place. Unless you do the idea board view, in which you can do whatever you want when positioning the notes (it’s a free canvas) but you have to click to open that view and it’s not centralized in one place with the rest of your mind map stuff. It is useful in its own way but for someone who wants to see everything in one mindmap view, I would like to freely move my mind map notes around wherever I please within the framework groupings (like a free canvas) and restricted to those columns it makes to align everything. It isn’t useful this way. I want to drag things anywhere so I can organize my stuff.

2. LaTeX or any other math language is a MUST needed in notes and titles of notes. Just like we can add audio and images we must have a functionality for math language as well. I can’t write any formulas without them looking like this: 1x10^-9 which is horrendous visually and practically. When you highlight text, say in a textbook, it makes math look like that and it’s very bad for studying purposes after. We need a way to add math anywhere we want.

3. Images. I find the fact you can do that box around images to make an image note incredibly useful, it’s the only app (with liquidtext) I know that offers this vital feature to me. That said, you can’t add images inline or on the sides in cards. Say when you are making a drawing inside the box once you highlighted an image or text. It would be really useful if we could import our own images and add them anywhere on the card (because now images dragged are automatically added to the bottom of the card in it’s own area, which isn’t useful). I want to do some drawing, drag an image into the drawing or comment I make and then continue in a smooth flow fashion. This is a missing currently.

4. A text wrap function would be useful for the titles of cards. They cutt-off if I have the right sidebar small and it’s annoying trying to see the full title like that. If there was a “wrap title text” feature, this would solve the issue as the text would continue on the next line.

Please add all this because it would help immensely with complex note-taking and organization.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I also hope that mn can recognize greek letters. Now, all the letters become “?”, and I need to change them one by one.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you very much for your suggestions, your suggestions are very important to us, I have raised your request to our Development team but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team