Mac as 2nd screen or multiple screen setup

Hi, I have Ipad pro 12.9 and macbook air 2017 model. Is there any way I can use both the devices either mac as 2nd screen or ipad as 2nd screen to show mindmap on one and pdf document on another? does marginnote 3 support such feature officially? If not, is there some kind of a work around? I also have marginnote purchased on both ipad and mac.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello

It's easy. You can just open the marginnote in two device and sync through iCloud.

Or, we have screenmirror in the setting. You can open two marginnote windows in the iPad, and screenmirror one of it. Then you can have one screen show the mindmap and another screen show the documents.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Chelsea
Support Team

1 Like

thank you. the screen mirroring part worked

can you please share the steps for the screen mirror; I tried to find it in the settings but could not find it.

never-mind found it . :rofl:

It crashes the app million times and nothing work !! How come no fix released for it ?

Also if we want to view cards with long content it shows just the upper part on the screen but not rest of the card content !! This feature need extensive development ?!!

I tried to screenmirror iPad to MacBook as posted. Issues:1: activate screenmirror in one MN window, the setting of other MN window changes accordingly. 2. After screen mirror iPad to MacBook, Macbook will mirror/project active window on iPad accordingly. So it is just a simply “mirror” of iPad. So the key point is how to mirror only one of window to Macbook but keep the other one only seen on iPad?

Hello

Yes, you can use the iPad as an extended screen to achieve this operation

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hello, can you please explain how to use the screen mirroring option?
I would like to screen mirror from ipad to mac.

I turned the screen mirroring option on my MN3 app on ipad on, and it tells me to “disconnect and reconnect for the changes to take effect”.
What do I have to do exactly?
Do I have to do somethin on my macbook as well? Does MN need to be open on my mac?

Thank you

Hello

From ipad to mac mirroring does not work, you need to expand the screen to ipad in mac settings-monitor

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Thank you for your reply

So what does turning screen mirroring on the ipad do?

Hello

多开MN窗口后。可以把你需要的窗口拖动到ipad上显示

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hello

After opening the MN window. You can drag the window you need to display on the iPad

Kind Regards,

Support Team