MacOS = Separate Purchase?

@Support-Team
Hello! I have unlocked the full version on the iPadOS. I would like to know to access the full version on the MacOS does it mean that I have to buy the app again? I spoke to Apple Support and they pointed out to me that the iPadOS app different from the one in MacOS hence I am not able to “restore purchase”.
Just wanting to clarify whether I will need to buy the app again on the MacOS or is there some way I can restore my purchase (since I have already bought on the iPad).
Thank you very much!

I’ll answer for them, yes. Like most iOS/Mac App combinations it is a separate purchase. There are a few apps that share the ability to buy on MacOS and iOS with a single purchase but they are somewhat rare.

@Support-Team
If I buy MarginNote 3 on my Mac via the education discount, can I still sync with the one on my iPad? Since by buying with the education discount, I am not directly buying from MacOS AppStore?

Yes. I have both and the syching is solid so far.

Hello

Hello, note data is slower to sync at the moment due to fragmentation issues. Please check if iCloud has been turned on to synchronize your files and notebooks (☁️ will be shown below if it has been turned on); then select iCloud from the more in the bottom left corner of the main interface, enter the synchronization interface, see if there are any errors, if there are errors, try to turn off the corresponding iCloud switch, try again after 30 seconds; if it shows that it is downloading, then please wait patiently: make sure that the connection is clear to WI-FI, stay in the iCloud synchronization interface, make sure that the device is always on, turn on the power charger; you can also try to restart the device or restore the network settings, we are optimizing the synchronization function, we expect the version 3.7~3.8 will be improved, in addition, the handoff function can be transferred, airdrop can also be tried~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team