Make excerpts directly from the research browser without downloading pdf

Most of time I have to get very small text from a web page. (Eg-google meta description)
But currently I have to download the webpage before making excerpts and
this causes to increase in amount of documents in a study note and make it lots of mess with important documents.
Therefore we can’t get full use of the internet and the research browser.

Why can’t we use following tools to make excerpts directly from the research browser.

4 Likes

Hello

Hi! This feature has been noted, and we will take an active consideration of it. :-)

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

3 Likes

Hi,
I need this feature soon. When will you be able to give this feature? Please Say about the priority. Could you give me a rough time? It will help me to manage my feature works with an alternative method. Please read my request again.

@Wimu,

FWIW, other users have been asking about this kind of functionality for a long time, so I would not expect any resolution soon.

1 Like

Hello

No resolution soon. We are considering about it though. Sorry about this :-(

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

It’s funny that you don’t give the priority for this feature.
When you don’t know a thing , don’t you google it.
Then don’t you check information in MULTIPLE SITES.
To grab all information currently you have o download all web pages. LOL

The internet is the largest source of information. It can’t be compared with single text book. Please give the priority.

Hello

I agree with you on that this is helpful, but we have many other issues to address.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

@Wimu Before this feature is (hopefully) released, in the meantime, you could screenshot the selection of text from the webpage you would like to excerpt and include a hyperlink in your mindmap, though I understand this is a suboptimal solution.

Alternatively, you could use a web annotation tool like https://web.hypothes.is and embed MarginNote’s note link there.

1 Like

Thank you @ringmaster555 for your suggestion. I will try it.

1 Like