Any hopeā€¦?

1 Like

Anyā€¦thing?

1 Like

Didnā€™t get any update till now

1 Like

We can hope only. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Guys, we would love to hear what/when/any progression regarding MarginNote 4, if u guys share with us.

1 Like

I agree ā€¦

1 Like

Same as it ever wasā€¦

So is there any update on whatā€™s happening with MarginNote 4? What features are being added or worked on? Release date. Anything?

Since itā€™s so vague I donā€™t feel comfortable purchasing MN 3 on my other devices until MN 4 is out because what if it takes more than 6 months and I have to repurchase it?

Are 8 months enough time to announce your plans?

This may be an unpopular opinion:

Itā€™s actually very common among application developers not to share their plans for new releases in advance. DevonThink and many other successful applications are no different.

We can keep asking but thereā€™s no point in becoming passive-aggressive. It is what it is and complaining wonā€™t change anything.

You may be from support team with fake account :smirk:

These words smells familiar

@AW2307

2 Likes

I appreciate the humor @isaatalay42 :smiley:

However, rest assured that I am just a regular user and have no affiliation with MarginNote.

1 Like

we would all be okay if they didnā€™t mention their release plans if they regularly updated their product and fixed issues that users report but when they donā€™t then we would need them to expand on their release date and so on.

I guess what Iā€™m saying is that you can clearly see that the community has trust issues with Margin Note.

i came to respond to happycatmachine but seems like others reported him/her.

Also iā€™m not speaking for everyone but if you read around the forums you can see that everyoneā€™s supportive (literally we all paid for the software I donā€™t know how we can support a company more) but have a huge issue with their communication.

Also i work on an app and I can inform you that it is known that as long as you have clear communication with your users majority of them will be happy. Even if your app is somewhat useable and has a lot of bugs. This type of stress doesnā€™t come from users being selfish or demanding too much, it comes from bad communication :wink:

You could add that to your MN, obsidian, devonthink stack as a future to refer to.

Best of luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This comment is thoughtless. The point is not that the development team is not telling us their plans. Apple doesnā€™t do that either. The point is that we donā€™t know if this app will be developed to any significant degree.

There are announcements from the development team here and there, but they donā€™t follow through.

We donā€™t know if bugs will be fixed reliably.

I use MN intensively. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m worried that I might have to switch apps in a year or two because development has stopped or is barely progressing. The work and time required to migrate is a source of worry.

It is a question, as written here, of trust in the development team. And unfortunately, this team is not behaving in a trustworthy manner.

They donā€™t have to tell me their exact plans. But I want to know reliably that this app is not a dead dog.

3 Likes

He is absolutely right. You guys have not been resolving long-standing issues. Take, for example, the syncing issue. People have been reporting about the issue for years now, this is 2023 and you guys still havenā€™t fixed it.

2 Likes