MarginNote (Mac) 3 3.1.4 not updating

Hi,
I’ve run the “Check for updates…” on my Mac version of MarginNote 3 3.1.4 several times. It goes through the whole process of downloading, extracting and “installing” the update – but never actually installs it.

I’ve also tried downloading MarginNote 3 from the website and App Store, but it doesn’t appear to be for version 3.1.4.

Well, it looks like it now works! Thanks.

1 Like

Looks like this same problem is happening with the latest version of MarginNote (Mac) v. MarginNote 3 3.1.6 – it’s update, but never actually installs the update after extraction.

You can re-download the whole dmg package from the marginnote website.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks! I’ve used that work around solution in the past – sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Anyway, I mostly wanted to alert you about it. Thanks again…

On my end I’m getting the following dialog message when I execute “Check for Update” I decided to manually replace the application with the current version, 3.1.6. Both the previous versions and the current version are both located in the Applications folder. Not sure why I am getting this message. Thanks for the consideration!