MarginNote Styles - true dark or darker style request

Hello MN Team!

I’ve been using MN3 for almost two years on a MacBook and on an iPad Pro.

UX is great, but I would like to suggest a tiny update to improve the reading experience in dark mode.

Currently, there are four styles (white, sepia, dark, green). It would be great if there was a really dark or black style as a fifth option.

On the iPad, when I really want to read in the dark and rest my eyes, I select the white style on MN3 and switch to inverted colors in the iPad settings. This cannot be performed on the MacBook.

Best, L

4 Likes

That’s very important. PDF Expert has this black theme across the devices.

Hello

Thank you for writing in. I have raised your request to our Development team but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Echo
Support Team

You can try thıs

Hello everyone,

@isaatalay42, thank you for your message, but what you described is exactly what I have been doing when I want a true dark mode for reading in the dark: inverting colors in the iPad.

However, this is only possible in the iPad, and impossible in the Mac. And if you still want to highlight with yellow pattern, this will also be inverted, which is a bit weird.

I hope MN team can try improving their UX with something like this in a future and comprehensive update regarding reading and working in an improved dark mode for the led screen of apple devices.

Kind regards, and have a great 2022 everyone!!!

1 Like