Mindmap : other than tree?

Hi, is there a way to make a mind map which would not be only a tree. I am mathematician and Sometimes I would like to indicate in the mind map that theorem C follows from two (or more) other results proposition A and B, something that I would draw like a graph :
A—-C
B—-/

I did not find how to do with marginnote 3. It seems that there is only the possibility to make trees.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards
M. R.

3 Likes

You can use the summary function. Tap the select button, then tap on A and B, then tap on Summary, and it will create a new node C that stems from A and B

Thank you very much for your answer but I would like C to be an excerpt and with summary it is not possible. Is it ?

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem! I would love to add an excerpt to a summary

2 Likes

Sort of to echo this sentiment, I’m in academia and personally don’t really have use for the outline function. I imagine without the outline the tree could take on all sorts of different forms. For example, arrows back and forth, and summaries that can then form entire new trees rather than just be a stopping point. I find that LiquidText is annoying with how much manual drawing has to be done, so that if I want to update a tree it is a pain, but it does still allow for a lot of customization with the tree structure. Perhaps there could be an option to forego the outline in order to have more tree flexibility.

2 Likes

How about integration with TheBrain software (much more than a mindmap) - a great way to organize information.

It would be wonderful to review multiple PDFs from the medical literature, take notes, link all these notes in a mind map in MarginNote and then export/import said map into my collection of information in TheBrain.

Would be a great teaching tool also, as I could show my medical students/residents how these many topics interconnect, having quickly reviewed/annotated and created this from articles from the current/recent journal club.

1 Like

This is what I and others have requested. More flexibility in the mind map. Make it closer to a concept map. I don’t use the outline function either.
It appears the developers are not interested in going away from the mind map structure, because it follows “computer storage logic”. I really hope they change their minds (pun not intended). Seems like posts like yours keep coming up so it is definitely a demand for this.

3 Likes