【MN Official Add-on】May 7th, Ver1.1.3: DeepL, a neural network translator with unprecedented quality

Introduction.

This plugin provides a real-time, selection-based translator using DeepL. It uses neural networks and machine learning to produce translations of unprecedented quality.

Changelog

May 7th
Ver1.1.3
Follow DeepL API updates

Ver1.1
Bug fixes

Ver1.0
Internal testing, bug fixes

Compatibility

Marginnote 3.6.7.4 or higher

Usage

1. Download to your local disk, then select “open in Marginnote” in the Apple “Share” menu.
  2. When updating add-ons, choose “replace” when prompted with “the add-on already exists”.
  3. Add-ons can be managed in the main menu. After opening the learning mode will the add-on button appear.

Download

deepl.mnaddon (6.0 KB)

3 Likes

are these addons available to use on iOS as with mac?

Yes,of course. The addons are universal for MN IOS and Mac.

1 Like

That’s an impressive new feature !

@Lanco_Support-Team or @Sushi_Support-Team, I was looking at the main.js file inside the add-on. What technologies are involved in it ?

Is Swift knowledge (and JS of course) needed for the creation of add-ons or scripting MarginNote ?

It is a really great feature! Is it possible to add hungarian language somehow?
Thanks!

Swift is not needed. Javascript is used for add-ons or general scripting.

1 Like

Hi, basically the development of add-ons is based on JSExport Protocol.
In practice, you need to use javascript to ‘invoke’ Objective-C (knowledge of iOS development is more important than javascript in this context). just refer to this: GitHub - kishikawakatsumi/JavaScriptBridge: Write iOS apps in Javascript! JavaScriptBridge provides the way to write iOS apps with JavaScript. Powered by JavaScriptCore.framework.

1 Like

Thanks for making so great add-ons. It’s useful.
However, I am sorry that Korean is my mother tongue, but Korean is not yet supported.

there above two site supports more languages ​​and I know it is open source
I’m just hoping someone with the ability to create another version of this extension using papago or google ㅠㅠ

2 Likes

Hello thank you very much for all the hard work…
For some reason I’m using your app in the iPads second-generation and… how you can see in the video I can’t reach the copy icon because the screen slide up
Thank you very much

DeepL Translator is a neural machine translation service launched in August 2017 and owned by DeepL SE, based in Cologne. The translating system was first developed within Linguee and launched as entity 192.168.l.254 DeepL Translate texts & full document files instantly. Accurate translations for individuals and Teams. Millions translate with DeepL every day. Press Information. Ever since the launch of DeepL Translator in August 2017, DeepL has been setting records for machine translation quality .

Thank you for this add-on, it is indeed very helpful! Is there any way that I can adjust the translation window’s fontsize so that I can view more text in one go?

1 Like

Bug report:
“/” always breaks selection, while it is not the case in deepl web/mac version. Not sure why it is the case in the plugin.

How can i adjust the position and size of the translate window? I find it too big. It takes too much of my screen and it cant be repositioned nor resized.

Has been any feed back since you write ?

I dont understand how to use or what exactly how it works yhis add on ?
Anyone working ?

Thanks for the awesome addon! Very appreciated

Is this available for android users?

Is this still getting updates ? As the others have already mentioned, the plug-in window can’t be moved or resized so it kind of defeats the purpose of the extension