MN on Mac - Utilization of multiple screens

Good day,
I am wondering if it would be helpful to add two and more screens utilization. For instance, have open documents on one and mind map on another one. Might be a game changer for those of us who have multiple screens.

5 Likes

This feature is already in planning for build 3.5.

Regards,
MarginNote
Support Team

2 Likes

That’s great news! Thank you!

1 Like

:grinning: Very cool!

This is indeed very cool. Is this something that would work with the Sidecar feature in Catalina/iOS 13?

It’d be amazing to have the iPad have a document view for annotating, with the Mindmap shown on a bigger screen on the Mac,

2 Likes

Luna Display might be the better option from what I can tell for now; especially without pinching to pan and zoom in Apple Sidecar.

Already support Sidecar and other new system features like mutil-window in Sep update preparation.

2 Likes

I wonder when MarginNote will have an update that will allow a user to make use of multiple monitors (eg. viewing a document on one monitor and editing a mind map on another monitor). Is this function already available?? A single monitor is not enough when you work on a lengthy document (or multiple documents) while creating a highly complicated mind map.

I’m also waiting for this feature!

Yes, this would be much appreciated. It was mentioned for v3.5. but we are already on deep v3.6

Hey, as it is 2021 now and the Mac version of MN has updated to 3.6.15, any updates on multiple displays support?

1 Like

I’m also interested in this feature and frustrated with the unreliable timeline estimations.

Hello

Not for now. MN currently supports opening multiple windows of the app, and I don't know if this would work for you.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

can we do this on a mac? open two instances of marginnote 3?

Hello

Faizangmc None #14

can we do this on a mac? open two instances of marginnote 3?

There is not much difference in the function of MarginNote3 between the iPad and Mac versions. If it is available on the iPad, the Mac version can also be used, except for handwriting.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

The best solution I can think of is to make a window span multiple windows on mac like this: How do I have a window span multiple monitors on macOS?