MN3 3.7.14 freezes when opening study with epub

MN3 3.7.14 freezes when opening study that has epub included in it.

I’ve tested:
Creating new studies, no issues
Opening studies with no documents, no issues
Opening studies with pdf, no issues
Opening studies with epub, freezes
Creating new studies then adding epub, freezes

Last night, I exported a study (with no documents) that has child mindmaps and it started crashing. I don’t know whether this is relevant.

Using MacBook Air 2015.

Thank you for the support

1 Like

Hello bump!

Bump! Reinstalling doesn’t solve the issue too.

Hi @melt

I’ve tried your steps and others related to ePubs and studies and have yet to see 3.7.14 crash. I’m running a number of other tools as well including Hook, Alfred, Keyboard Maestro, DevonThink and lots more. I wonder if this is something particular to your system.

Sorry I’m no help here but perhaps knowing that it might be unique to your system could help with troubleshooting.

Kel

That you for responding Kel. My MN3 is still crashing on me. The only apps running on my mac is Discord, MN3, Chrome and Omnifocus 3. I don’t use any extensions as well.

Hello

It is recommended that you convert ePub files into PDF files for use

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Sure, I will use PDF files in the future, but I need to access the current studies I have created. How do I do that?

Hello

If you don't mind, you can pause your current ePub file while keeping your current study notes, and finally start a new note creation using PDF

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

How do I go about pausing my epub and keep my current study notes? Is it removing the epub from my study?

Hi Support-Team. Could you please guide me on this?

Hello

You don't need to delete the current epub file, just to convert the epub file into a PDF file, then to import it into MartinNote3, and to take notes using the converted PDF.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team