MN4 is not working on my mac

I am using macOS version 14 and MarginNote 3. I heard that MarginNote 4 has been released and tried to use it, but whenever I create a document or click on a PDF, the application shuts down immediately. MarginNote 3 works fine. Is this a bug, or is the macOS version not fully supported yet? If so, I wonder if it will be improved in the future. Additionally, how many months is it expected to take for the dmg version to be released?

Hello

Can the flash back be recorded, the dmg version needs to wait for a period of time, it will be developed as soon as possible

Kind Regards,

Support Team

For videos or card decks, they can be opend, but if a connected document is opened at the same time, MarginNote closes immediately.

this is a recorded a video

https://youtu.be/eTbr8kVwQf4

Uploading: [SHANA]녹화_2024_05_31_01_50_04_611 (1).avi…

Hello

Hello,
First of all, thank you for writing to Ticket for contacting us, as flashbacks and jams are our top priority.
If it's convenient for us to check the possible causes of the backsliding:
1. whether the problem can be reproduced and whether there is a trigger pattern.
If it can be reproduced, you can tell us the specific steps or send us the screenshot/video key steps.

2.Could you share the crashes here or tell me your email so I can search email history for your report

What’s your device type , os version and app version, I’ll try to find your logs.

Please follow steps below to share with us the crash logs, thanks!

imageimageimageimageimage

Kind Regards,

Support Team

When I click on a document-related PDF or try to use the pen tool in the mind map, this issue occurs. For example, when I open a document or mind map linked to a card deck or video, it closes like this “immediately”. Since it shuts down at this stage, you can see that it turns off according to the video link I uploaded. This issue does not occur in MarginNote 3.

The device is a Mac PC, the macOS version is 13 and MarginNote is the latest version.

Hello

Update the Mac system, because the system handwriting of mac13 is different from this

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Does it mean that I should update from macOS Ventura version 13 to version 14, Sonoma?
I thought it would be fine since marginnote’s the minimum requirement was listed as macOS version 12.

Hello

Is it normal to run Mac in safe mode (you can search for safe mode on Apple’s official website), and although the minimum support is 12, development is mainly carried out in 14

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I upgraded to macOS version 14, but it is still crashing.

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process: MarginNote 4 [1761]
Path: /Applications/MarginNote 4.app/Contents/MacOS/MarginNote 4
Identifier: QReader.MarginStudy.easy
Version: 4.0.5 (500)
App Item ID: 1531657269
App External ID: 866146380
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2024-05-31 22:24:09.0996 +0900
OS Version: macOS 14.5 (23F79)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 7B49423C-6226-EE17-5172-00345957E53C

Time Awake Since Boot: 12000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 6 Dispatch queue: com.apple.PencilKit.MetalResourceHandlerAccessQueue

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 6 Abort trap: 6
Terminating Process: MarginNote 4 [1761]

I’m running on Ventura 13.6.7 with a boat-load of extensions (Alfred, Keyboard Maestro, Moom, Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe CC, Capture One X, and a ton more).

No troubles here with your repro steps. I’d try deleting the MN4 data files (Library, Application Support) if I was experiencing what you are.

I’ve tried a complete uninstallation, but it still crashes. I suspect this might be the cause, but I’m not sure what the issue is. com.apple.PencilKit.MetalResourceHandlerAccessQueue

Those same PDFs work elsewhere? Have you tried other apps to read them? Honestly I’d be looking at possible corruption if my case were unique like this. The crash seems rather extreme.

Hello

Hello, send the full text of the crash report

Kind Regards,

Support Team

full report is too long. I emailed you. and answer me on this post. thanks

and upgraded to mac os14 . marginnote 3 's mind map is loading very slowly. how to solve this problem?
녹화_2024_06_01_17_57_22_308.wmv (2.2 MB)

Hello

Which email account are you using?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

from gkstlr202@naver.com to service@marginnote.com
and tell me how to solve the problem on mindmap’s loading slowly about marginnote3

Hello

Does clearing the cache improve anything?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

It seems that in macOS 14, everything works well when the window is maximized. However, when the window is minimized, there appears to be a loading issue.
Did you receive the full report about Marginnote4 ?