Moving files

Files I am selecting are NOT MOVING to desired folders. I had this problem on MN3. Seems this issue is still happening. Then when they finally move they show back up in the root folder.

Hello

Does it show up every time?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I have migrated the files from MN3 to MN4. In MN3 all my books were in their respective folders. I did a DB backup and restore to MN4 and now I have all of these books outside of the folders and they will not migrate. I have a video of the behavior. Also on MN3 it shows my total file size was 80GB in size and now in MN4 I see the size is less than 3GB is this normal behavior? I have a video of the behavior of files not moving.

Files are not moving at all now. When moving the move option is visible. After selecting moving the file disappears and then comes back to the root folder. When attempting to move the file again it stays in the root folder. Below is a link of the video of this behavior. I cannot use this app if I cannot move files.

Can someone give me an update on this issue?

Hello

Found this problem, you can now operate directly in Finder

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I do not understand what you mean? Should I try again to move files?

I am still unable to move files.

I had did more troubleshooting. It seems when I moved the files initially to the folder and then the files disappeared and then reappeared to the root folder. When I do a search for the file I see one instance of the file. When I do the search visually, I see a copy of the file in the root folder and also in the nested named folder. Instead of moving the files, it created a duplicate of the files. This is a problem considering I have hundreds of files on your application and if I am correct I will have to check for each file individually in the root directory and nested files. Your search feature only shows one instance of the file not all instances of the file. What can be done on your backend?

Have you updated to the latest version of MarginNote 4.0.8? Can you try reinstalling MarginNote after backing up all the PDFs and ensuring that the iPad system version is the latest official version? If not useful, can you export the backup and send it to us for testing?

I have the latest version. I updated on July 2nd. I disabled cloud sync and yet again it downloaded duplicate books that I have to delete manually. I have gigabytes of files backing them up means downloading and restoring them. Some of the books titles are long and I get an error when attempting to download them. Is there a different way to back up my files using your app and export them? If I delete the app all the files will be erased and the backup. I do not understand why the files are restoring when I disabled cloud synchronization. I see the folder for MarginNote 3 with files but nothing in the MarginNote 4 folder. I am spending hours trying to fix this than actually using your application.

No I didn’t back up and do it over. After much troubleshooting which I wish your staff did instead of me I found the problem. The files wouldn’t move because they were duplicate files. When copying over in MarginNote 3 even if they were in folders it would tell me the file was already there and ask me to ignore or replace; MarginNote 4 does NOT do that. So when I search and encounter that it’s a duplicate file I have to select the file in the root directory and select delete from current location.