Multiple documents created by Marginnote and lost annotations

Hi,

I am using Marginnote both in my iPad and my MacBook Air (MNN3). I have been working on one document in study mode, annnotating it with Apple Pencil for a month. Today I realised that in Document view, there are at least 8 documents of the same name created by Marginnote in Document mode (names are run serially like MN7E3, MNB1C etc…) without my knowing. I thus deleted all of them in my Macbook, but one which I thought was the lasted document.
The result is almost all annotations which I have been working on for a month in my annotated file in Study Mode have disppeared! I’ve tried to sync manually between the two devices (as the 8 documents created are still on my iPad but not anymore on my Mac) - at times I would still see some annotations in my iPad, but nothing in my Macbook. Now I am in despair as the syncing has been unstable and resulted in reappearing and disappearing of my annotations (at the moment, I can see my annotations in one of the files in my iPad whereas in my Mac the very same file contains nothing, not even a readable page).

What should I do with this syncing problem (how can I restore to all devices the one I thought contain the most of my annotations), but also why are there 8 documents created by MN of the same document without my knowing!?!

2 Likes

Faywanrug None #1
Hi,
I am using Marginnote both in my iPad and my MacBook Air (MNN3). I have been working on one document in study mode, annnotating it with Apple Pencil for a month. Today I realised that in Document view, there are at least 8 documents of the same name created by Marginnote in Document mode (names are run serially like MN7E3, MNB1C etc…) without my knowing. I thus deleted all of them in my Macbook, but one which I thought was the lasted document.
The result is almost all annotations which I have been working on for a month in my annotated file in Study Mode have disppeared! I’ve tried to sync manually between the two devices (as the 8 documents created are still on my iPad but not anymore on my Mac) - at times I would still see some annotations in my iPad, but nothing in my Macbook. Now I am in despair as the syncing has been unstable and resulted in reappearing and disappearing of my annotations (at the moment, I can see my annotations in one of the files in my iPad whereas in my Mac the very same file contains nothing, not even a readable page).
What should I do with this syncing problem (how can I restore to all devices the one I thought contain the most of my annotations), but also why are there 8 documents created by MN of the same document without my knowing!?!

Hello, you need to re-associate this document in this missing marked notebook, see.