Navigating MindMap

• When using the mouse, scrolling is not very convenient with a scroll wheel. Two suggestions:
  1. Pan the mind map with drag+left click, and use drag + shift + left click to drag a selection box (probably more consistent with iOS version and MacOS)

2. Pan the mind map with drag+right click

• A menu option and shortcut for ‘mind map only’ would be helpful, to quickly hide the outline and document in one action.

* Menu options for ‘Title only’ and ‘Title-Only’ should be renamed to:
Title only (Outline)
Title only (MindMap)
Done

2 Likes

Using two fingers for scrolling or navigating the mind map is helpful and intuitive. It is common for apps to map two finger scroll to the right-click button of a mouse (e.g. Xmind). Sometimes they combine the right-click button with a key (cmd, ctl, alt, etc…).

Please add a feature to scroll using mouse movement, not simply the scroll wheel. This would greatly improve navigating the mind map.

Thank you for the great product.

Thank you for writing in. I have raised your request to our Development team. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

I would like to add my support to this idea. Something like command + drag to scroll the mindmap.

Marginnote on osx is way more expensive than the ipad version, but its usability is not as good. I am adding my vote to this feature.

1 Like

Yes, please add this. How else am I supposed to navigate the mind map horizontally? Honest question.

I instinctively tried every combination of “ctrl/option/cmd + right click/middle click/left click” to navigate the map.

I don’t understand how this product is usable without this feature. There’s not even an option to pan the screen. I guess I can just drag things to the edge of the screen?

Edit: One may drag a selection box to the edge of the screen to achieve the desired effect.

You can hold shift (or is it command?) and scroll to scroll horizontally, same with other applications on OS X.

Being able to drag scroll would be more precise and fluid, though. So hopefully this suggestion is implemented!

It already has been (kinda)! You just click and hold to start panning.

Although, I’m going to start using shift + scroll like you said.

Whew. Thank you.

I like how miro.com does this. They offer two modes. One is for tablet or trackpad users that have no mouse wheel. The other is for users that prefer mice. They let you zoom the board with the mouse wheel and you can also press the mouse wheel and use it like a mouse cursor to pan the whiteboard in all directions. It’s easy to swap modes with the keyboard or using touch commands. Today, apps have to plan for having people using these methods and offer 100% of the commands in each mode. A user with a tablet doesn’t have a keyboard or hotkeys. A user with a touchpad might not have a mouse wheel. A user with a mousewheel and keyboard needs to be able to be able to switch between a selection mode and a navigation mode easily (type V and this is done). Check out how they do it. It’s elegant. They provide a free trial for their main site and also a free version anybody can use https://webwhiteboard.com/

Thanks for the tip about left/right using the mouse wheel + shift.

I still want to be able to drag the canvas with a hand tool so I can move diagonally. It would be more efficient.

Hello

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. Our team is investigating this idea at the moment.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team