Notes disappearing in margin, appearing in wrong order, can’t re-organize?

I’m having trouble with some notes not appearing or appearing in the wrong order in the margin. Following is a small sample. This occasionally happens in other pages as well and in other books. This is only a small example.

As you can see, there are 4 highlighted annotations: Red, Green, Orange,Purple. However, the Green annotation is not appearing in the margin. Green SHOULD be marked “2” in the book, but it is skipped over.

If I flip the tablet over into landscape mode, you will see the following:

All 4 annotations appear in the margin, BUT they are not in the correct order. Notice that green (should be 2) and orange (should be 3) have swapped places.

I decided to “expand” the margin to see what the problem is and as you can see the order is incorrect:

The purple note should be the fourth one, but instead it is the second one. There doesn’t seem to be a way to change this. I suspect this is why the green note is invisible in the first image.

I went into mindmap mode and was able to reorganize the order there:

The notes have been rearranged, but when I return to Document mode everything still appears (and disappears) as demonstrated in the first images. There seems to be no way to change the order of the notes in the document margin. If I add new annotations, they are likely not to appear. The only way to see them is to double tap on the highlight to open up the card.

Hello

Hello, ePub may have this problem. Can you try converting it into PDF and try again?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Why is that so often the response? I bought the program because you support ePub. Please honor that.

Hello

Because the format of ePub is limited,
Due to the limitation of ePub format, marginoote cannot carry out annotation, rectangle excerpt, underline, cutting and other operations in ePub format documents, which is very limited in use.
If you don't need ePub's text adaptive arrangement function, you can try to use an application similar to calibre to convert ePub files into PDF files. Marginote3 has a more powerful tool group for PDF annotation, excerpts, highlighting, and even adding or deleting pages.
You can also try the following free online conversion website:

https://www.zamzar.com/uploadComplete.php?convertFile=epub&to=pdf&session=41e5848eda9c4a2d7a5be567a229a1&email=false&tcs=Z86

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team