Permanently loading on Mac, can't use

Hi, I’ve downloaded and am currently trialling MarginNote 3 on both an iPad and iMac. The iPad version is working well, the iMac isn’t working at all. It loads constantly after offering me the 14 day trial, which I’m about 5 days into, and I can’t get past that. Please help.

Hello

Given that iOS and macOS are of two separate operating platforms, iOS and macOS apps are sold separately. The purchase of the macOS app (be it license version or the one from the Mac AppStore) can't be used on the iOS AppStore, and vice versa.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

5 days (now 8) into a 14 day trial and the Mac version stopped working? I don’t think this is a platform confusion @Support-Team

Questions for @timreespt

Stopped how? Describe the behavior of the now non functional Mac app. Is there an error message? Etc. Are you trying to load a study?

Have you tried restarting your mac? This normally isn’t necessary but I find a periodic restart helps keep the memory clean.

I work with some pretty large documents and have no troubles so we need to find what is particular about your setup.

Look for anything unusual but start by restarting your Mac just to help.

You know the screen that pops up when you first use it? The 14 day free trial, plus other options pop up. When I click 14-day trial it starts loading and doesn’t stop. I can’t get passed that screen so I’ve not had the change to upload anything on the mac version.

This doesn’t address my issue at all. I can’t open the imac version at all, it never goes past the 14-day trial pop up box. The fact that I’m using the app on my ipad was just more info for you, it’s not causing me an issue. I need help with the imac version, that is not letting me trial it, or buy it. Which I would be happy to do if the support was more helpful.

I’ve tried taking the app off my mac now and started again. Unfortunately, now the app won’t even open for a second. It immediately shuts off and I get a message telling me the error is reported and do I wish to reopen. If I click that, the experience is repeated again and again.

Hello

Where do you download Marginnote? Is it the Appstore or Marginnote website?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

I’ve tried downloading from the website but it pushes me to the app store. I’m trying to buy the product for the Mac, I’ve already bought the app for iPad. I tried again this morning and got the same problem. Please help.

Any news, I’m still keen to purchase the app but your customer service is draining that desire?

Hello

Please copy and paste the error message from the popup window to here, I can't be sure what the cause is, but I will report it to the developer.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

Hello

It may be related to the Mac system version, 10.13.6. I will get back to you if there is any progress.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

Hello

https://www.marginnote.com/store-v2

Please try downloading the website version again, which does not have this problem.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

When I click the download button nothing happens except the screen looks like it refreshes. Nothing is downloaded at all. The error message photo is already in this chain of emails.

OK, I’ve managed to download it safely and it’s working. I couldn’t download it by clicking the button on your website, but it worked when I saved the button link to my desktop and then downloaded that. Now, how do I buy the software and link to the ios version please? I can’t see any options for signing in.

Hi, I’ve now purchased the desktop app, but it’s not syncing with my iPad version. I’ve used the same email etc to register. Please help.

OK, I’ve done it all now. Everything is working nicely. No need to get back to me.

Please check this four positions, if you are sure that the iCloud accounts are the same:

1. iOS System Preference, make sure Marginnote 3 has the clearance for the iCloud.
  2. iOS Marginnote, make sure the iCloud sync is on and the files have been turned on the Cloud Sync button, which can be found in the ‘…’ near the name of the files on the main screen.
  3. Mac System Preference , make sure Marginnote 3 has the clearance for the iCloud.
    4.Mac Marginnote, click ‘…’ at the left-bottom corner on the main screen and check ‘cloud sync’, and see if there are some of the names of the files in there, if so, try to manual sync.