Please add annotations in outline mode or mindmap mode

Hello developers! A wonderful app.

I have a feature suggestion. Why not add the power of apple pencil to this? Look at the screenshot. Just like you have added emphasis mode in outline which is very useful.

We need a text highlighter or color changer like most note taking apps have. Select a color from the tool and mark with Apple Pencil.

Right now we have to double tap. Select the text and then select a color. Marking with apple pencil is going to make this very quick and gives a pen paper like feel,

Thanks

3 Likes

“Select the text”
Are you saying it is currently possible to highlight excerpted text in the outline?

I fully agree that it would be great to be able to annotate text in the outline freely. Right now Scribble works in those fields to edit excerpts with the pencil, but it is fairly fussy about where I can write so I end up making a lot of inadvertent edits.

I would LOVE to be able to write directly on the mind map background as you can with the canvas in LiquidText, but it doesn’t sound as though this will ever be an option in MN.

2 Likes

Yes we can select the text and change color. If u make it bold, it gets converted to emphasis.

But usual colors like red green and all works just like it does on a text editor like MS word etc

I would love to do this but I don’t see how!
If I select text within notes in outline view, the only editing options I have are bold, italic, and underline. How are you getting colors?

Unfortunately since Scribble arrived it is now more difficult to do this with the Pencil, as it is very easy to put in inadvertent spaces/characters when you are trying to select text.

Hope this helps.

U can also turn off the scribble in settings of ipad btw

Yes - very helpful and I was able to find those controls I had missed. Thanks for taking the time to tell me!

1 Like

Hello

Are you referring to Pencil's gesture?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

1 Like

Yes sir. Like we can do emphasis, why not font formatting?

Hello

I'm afraid I didn't understand what you said. What do you mean by "emphasis、font formatting"? Do you mean using the Apple Pencil with certainly designed gestures and then changing the font style in the outline interface?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

1 Like

Like for example i select the color red and then use apple pencil to move over a word. That particular word will change its color to red.

It will be so quicker to change fonts colors with this.

Basically highlighting with pencil. Just like we use annotations in document.

The best example i can give you is how the app called “nebo” does it

Plz watch this

One thing missing in the video that is present in nebo -
Changing font color as well. Just select a color for eg red. And swipe or underline gesture a particular word with apple pencil. That word will change color.

1 Like

Hello

Thanks for sharing the Nebo screenshot. We have support for Pencil gestures in the beta version. It is now possible to write directly in the brain map with Pencil, as well as connect cards, create parent-child nodes, and stand-alone with gestures. You mentioned text manipulation within the cards, which was not considered before, we will look into that. If you have other great gesture designs, please let me know by taking screenshots.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

Can you direct me how do I avail the beta version?
Thanks for response. Yes nebo has the best apple pencil gestures. If we can bring that to marginnote3 it will be amazing.
Helps creare color coded beautiful notes quickly.

Thanks. Please do consider the text manipulation with pencil.