Questions about backing up highlights icloud airdrop etc

I use MN3 in a very basic way. Mostly use it to highlight and tag the highlights, then export the highlights to Evernote.

1. Is the only way to backup all highlights made on all pdf by going into settings - backup & restore and doing it manually? Automatic backup to icloud seems to only be the pdf and not the highlights or anything?

2. Is there any setting or way for notes to be backed up automatically daily, preferably in a format that’s easy to get into Evernote?

Hello

Backing up notes and exporting to Evernote are two different operations.

1. Backing up notes in the settings can back up all the notes in MarginNote3, including files, handwriting, brain map cards, etc. You can back up manually, or you can use iCloud to sync your notes.

2. You can directly export Evernote in MarginNote3.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Hello

concentrati0n None #1

I use MN3 in a very basic way. Mostly use it to highlight and tag the highlights, then export the highlights to Evernote.

1. Is the only way to backup all highlights made on all pdf by going into settings - backup & restore and doing it manually? Automatic backup to icloud seems to only be the pdf and not the highlights or anything?

2. Is there any setting or way for notes to be backed up automatically daily, preferably in a format that’s easy to get into Evernote?

The method of exporting Evernote is as follows:

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Hello, I should have been clearer. I know the difference between the two. When I say “backup” to Evernote, I mean send the highlights from the current pdf to Evernote from the main screen you read on. I know I can backup up all books and cards and highlights manually from Marginnote settings via the share sheet. This has to be done manuallly. What I’m wondering is, is it possible to automatically backup the “highlights etc” to Icloud? From what I can see there are onlyl the pdf’s backed up there.

Hello

Do you mean that highlight or key notes are displayed directly on the PDF? Would you please upload some screenshots or videos describing it in detail? That way I can help you better.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Hello,

As you read a pdf, you make highlights. From the main screen you can send those highlights to Evernote.

Is there a way to automatically have those highlights be sent to icloud drive same as the actual documents are in there?

I know about backing up Marginnote manually via the settings - backup & restore “backup notes database.” This however requires a person to regularly go to that setting and back up (not automatic). I’d like to not have to remember to back this up each time I read. Does that help?

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 10.23.40 AM

Please forget about Evernote. I only want my highlights to automatically be sent icloud drive. Is this possible?

Hello

concentrati0n None #8

Please forget about Evernote. I only want my highlights to automatically be sent icloud drive. Is this possible?

Thank you very much for your feedback. Your suggestion has been submitted to the development team, but whether it is adopted or not, further consideration is needed

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team