Re-arrange PDF Pages - How? (Margin Note 3 - iPad)

Hello,

I imported a blank pdf page, I then added 6 blank pages to it (via the margin note 3 feature of adding pages) Total of 7 pages.

After I finished adding data onto these pages, I noticed my 7th page, needs to be in the 3rd page position.

I would like to rearrange this, by just dragging the 7th page to the 3rd page position. Easy.

Unfortunately, its seems margin note 3 for ios, does not offer a way for us to re-arrange pages? (or I can’t seem to find it, if there is a way) Please advise. Thank You.

I would love this function, also.

I figured it out, but it’s unintuitive and clumsy, extremely bad from a UX standpoint.

I have no idea why it was implemented in this awkward way, but basically this is how it’s done:

1. While on the page, that you want to rearrange it’s page position, Tap on the pen icon

2. tap on the 3 dots on top right

3. Look for Insert/remove pdf pages, then choose it.

4. upon choosing insert/remove pdf pages, you will see up & down. (this is how page rearrangement is done)

5. Depending if you want to move this page from 3 to 4, choose up, to go back, choose down.

Hello

We are very sorry for this inconvenience. There are certain UX improvements that we could make to make our software more easy-to-use. Thank you for sharing this tip on our forum. We will be trying to both improve our UX and UI and publish an easy-to-read user manual ASAP.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

1 Like

Thank you.

I just want to say, I LOVE margin note 3 → it’s a god send!

It may be clumsy in this little area of page rearrangement, but this app is a MASTER…

In helping us study faster, retain knowledge faster.

Happy New Year!

Hello

Thank you so much for your fondness for our app. Happy new year as well.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

You can use the WPS PDF all-in-one tool to organize PDF online. With this tool, you can add, delete, and rearrange PDF pages with just a few clicks.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no way to drag and drop pages to rearrange them in MarginNote 3 for iOS. However, there is a workaround:

1. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the document.
  2. Select “Insert/Remove PDF pages”.
  3. Tap on the “Up” or “Down” button next to the page you want to move.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the page is in the desired position.
  5. Tap on “Done”.

This workaround is a bit cumbersome, but it is the only way to rearrange pages in MarginNote 3 for iOS at this time.

The developers of MarginNote have stated that they are aware of this limitation and are working on a solution. However, there is no timeline for when this solution will be available. Or you can easily rearrange your pdf files online from this website.

In the meantime, I hope this workaround is helpful.

1 Like