Reduced PDF size?

Hello

Hello, it is still under development

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

+1 for me on this. I am now in the situation of having to upgrade my icloud storage only because Marginnote takes so much space on it :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, indeed.

1 Like

aaaand i had to upgrade my icloud plan…. :unamused::-1:

1 Like

Yeah, it sucks. And I’m sorry you went through that. Join the club.

Any new developments with this ? Has @Support-Team made any improvements? So many users desperately need improvements for this feature or we can’t work in MN3.

Hello

Hello, there is no plan for the time being, but should be considered in the next major version of the update to optimize

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

When will that be?

I’m asking because I just won’t be able to use MarginNote until this is possible. The export file sizes are too large to archive, and that’s a major bottleneck with working on your app.

Thanks.

@Support-Team – Any sense of a rough timeframe? It’s a real problem not having this worked out by now…

Definitely one of the biggest issues that needs to be addressed. I love the app, but the files take up too much space. @jprint, are there any tricks to reducing the file size even a little bit, though? For example, does the font size of the map or anything like that affect the size??

1 Like

Sorry for my late reply to your question. The short answer is: no, I don’t know of any tricks to reduce PDF file size. Many of @marginnote3 users have posed this question to @Support-Team over the years, explaining that the large file size of PDF annotated outputs makes app usage untenable, and pleading with them to find a solution for us.

Unfortunately, this goes to a bigger problem that many of us face: despite our great appreciation for the many aspects of the app, many concerns that @marginnote3 users raise in this forum aren’t fully heard and considered (or answered) by @Support-Team. It’s an ongoing issue, I’m afraid.