Reduced PDF size?

Several months ago, I posted the follow question / request re: reduced PDF size for MN-exported PDFs…

Have there been any changes to address this problem? Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you for writing in. I have already raised your request to our Development team. As mentioned earlier, all user requests will be considered and implemented but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

1 Like

This is one of the biggest impediments for me with using MN right now. The size of MN-annotated PDF files is so big and bloated that I simply cannot use them in a cradle-to-grave workflow – esp. when archiving files. As a result, I’m only able to use MN to annotate select documents, though I’d much prefer to annotate everything with it.

So, I’d strongly urge your colleagues to work on this problem aggressively.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello, we will consider a new PDF kit to enhance PDF

2 Likes

Does that mean that a new PDF kit would dramatically reduce the size of MN-annotated PDFs?

1 Like

Hello, we intend to.

2 Likes

Great. When do you expect that will happen?

Thanks!

I share the same frustrations and problems that @jprint is expressing. In fact, I’m also unable to fully use MarginNote until I can properly save and archive PDF files. Right now, MarginNote annotated PDFs are simply too big, and overwhelm any archival storage system.

When does @Support-Team plan to make these changes?

1 Like

Hello, it should improve by the end of the year.

1 Like

That long? Really?

Thanks

Just wondering if that’s still the case – and if you have a more precise idea of when that could be.

Thanks.

Hello

For now, the 3.7 version will be given priority.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Ok, so what does that mean, exactly?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Any more developments on this?

Hi any news regarding this ? i use MN to annotate 100 pages PDf and the resulting export file is often well above “send mail” limits … much needed improvement the reduction of export pdf files. thanks for yuor great software nevertheless.

1 Like

Ditto that. Frankly, it’s one of the main problems I’m facing with using MarginNote. If the file sizes are too big, it’s untenable to archive them.

1 Like

Any new updates on this front @marginnote / @marginnote3 ?

Hello

Hello, still in the process of adjustment it

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

What does that mean exactly?