Remove or Increase the limitation in increasing size of picture type excerpts

When we inserting relatively small size “picture type excerpts”, we can’t increase their size to a size that we can see without big zooming.
I know the size increasing limit of a photo is depend on their size in pdf.
But why this limitation as the canvas is infinite? I like mind map view than outline view.
This is trouble students who are studying with a lot of pictures(eg-Anatomy).

It would be very useful if you guys can remove this limitation or increase this limitation.

3 Likes

Hello

Do you mean the size of the image in the card will automatically fit? We have not yet found a reliable technology to implement this feature.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

I meant this

Marginnote users may be students, media workers, professors, or other identities, and everyone’s situation is different. I think it’s rude to assume that someone is talking about the same topic as previous posts just because there are some similar descriptions in the post.

I am replying in the hope that there will be no misunderstanding or confusion as to what you meant, and not to manipulate the direction of the conversation as you mentioned. I do not wish to debate with you any further on this subject.

Personal attacks don’t get you the results you want, and Perceptual descriptions like “bullying users” are no more powerful than substantive evidence.

2 Likes

If you are changing the size of the card through this operation, and then making the image excerpt larger, it does have limitations, and this cannot be changed yet.

1 Like

When the size of a image on PDF is small, the maximum size of the corresponding image excerpt is also small. (If the image on PDF is large it is not a much issue)
So I am requesting a feature to remove or increase the limitation in size increasing of image excerpts. Please consider about that.

Hello

Yeah, we are well aware of this issue but as we are a small team we may not be able to address it in the very near future. Sorry for the inconvenience~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

You said that you are well aware about this issue.
I don’t think removing this limitation is not a much work.
It can be even done by your small team without a much effort and without having a bug.
I don’t think you have even put my request to your list.

This feature will be very useful for many users who are working only with the mind map view, not with the outline view or exporting option. We can’t see images in a mind map without a big zooming.

I think this forum is useless as your staff is very small and you are always busy.
There is nothing to do for majority of members’ request with your small staff.
Develop the app as you want. You don’t need suggestions/request from the users.

1 Like

Hello

First of all, of course, it is added to our database as a feature request.

Secondly, I want to say that MarginNote is a very feature-rich app, and we have many things to work on other than this feature. There are many imperfections in MarginNote when it comes to Mindmapping, Reviewing, and document management. Sure, "technically" it may not take a lot of effort to fix this issue, but you have to understand that we also have many other issues to work on: some are more urgent and could help more people, some less so.

Also, when we change some features, we want to do it right. It is actually not just the problem of removing a limitation, but much more. When we remove the limitation, users would want to resize the nodes as they wanted - and at a certain point, we would receive requests to have different presets for the sizes because of the inconvenience of resizing the notes one by one. What makes this even harder to implement is that with the current mechanism, mindmaps with hundreds of thousands of nodes are pretty normal. When dealing with mindmaps that massive, coming up with a resizing mechanism that works at all levels isn't easy at all. I mean here is not that we won't work on this issue, but rather we have already thought about it and it would be a big update instead of a small one. However, considering the amount of work and thinking that it requires, we would like to have more time.

Lastly, we are sorry that your request may not be addressed as soon as you want, but that does not mean that we don't work on the issues and don't listen to our users' voices. MarginNote is improving because of its users' voices. We are constantly implementing users' requests and have made many popular updates such as title-links, OCR Pro, iCloud syncing update, etc. We hope that you could be a little more patient and tolerant and allow us to have some time to come up with something better.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

2 Likes

Ok, then can you make an option to on/off the size increasing limitation as the user want?
Then it will work like-
(1)Normally - The limitation is on.
(2)When the user need to increase the size of an excerpt beyond the limitation - The limitation option is off.
(Then user can again turn on the option)

(I think this option for the image excerpts is enough. No need for text excerpt as their font is large enough)

1 Like

Hello

We will consider it~ Having that button may add complexity to MarginNote, which, quite frankly, is already too complex. We need to discuss it.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

2 Likes

I don’t need very large pictures but I would love that whenever you enlarge a picture, the title stayed the same size as the rest. At the moment when you want the image to be larger than the standard, you’ll have to leave the card title blank or make peace with the gigantic font.

You rock, guys. Really appreciate the hard work you do; MN does look like a really complex app and the effort you put into it is clearly seen. Thank you!

4 Likes

The best thing MN can do is to introduce a setting for increasing and decreasing of
“the size increasing limitation of image excerpts” as much as the user want.
(After changing the limitation in the settings it will be the default)
This will look like default font size that we can change in the settings.

Another reason why I am requesting this feature is most of times ‘20-30 font sizes of text nodes" are not matched with font/words size in image excerpts even with the maximum size.

Again, I am requesting from MN team. Please consider about this feature ASAP.

A setting to increase or decrease
“the size increasing limitation of image excerpts” as much as the user want.
(After changing the limitation in the settings it will be the default)
This will look like default font size that we can change in the settings.

This unchangeable limitation is a serious trouble for users who have to work with lot of images.
I am going to give up MN using.