Research browser gets stuck while working with google images

Go to google images mode in the research browser and search something. Then try to drag and drop images into the mind map. You will see that you won’t be able to drag and drop images more than one as the browser gets stuck after first drag and drop.

I don’t know whether this is happening only with the ipad version. Please fix this ASAP.

1 Like

Hello

Hi.

I just tested on my iPad and it did get stuck after the first image being dragged. It might be a bug so I have raised this issue to our Development team.

However, the research mode works fine when you choose directly Google Image (see the image-like button at the bottom of the website viewer (the fifth from left). So you could try to use this to import your images.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

1 Like

Sometimes after drag and drop of google images is done whole mind map disappears. Please also consider about that.

Hello

Hi. Sorry for the late reply and happy Chinese New Year.

I have tried to reappear the bug you described but sadly I failed. I have reported this issue to our developer team and hopefully this could be solved soon.

Also, it might be helpful if you could try to click 'rearrange' if you find your mindmap disappeared.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

Hi, same to you.
This is the video with the issue.

Hello

Hi,

Thank you for your screenshot. We have succeeded to let this bug reappear on our devices. We are now looking for the reasons why this would happen, and hopefully this issue could be solved soon.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

1 Like

Ok. Thank you very much.

Any update please. Can’t work without google images🥲

I don’t have time to test this myself but google images doesn’t link directly to the images any more under pressure from stock photo companies. Have you tried DuckDuckGo or some alternative search that does link to the images? Also, I’ve found copying from google results to be sketchy at best, I always go to the actual links to get stuff, google tends to append stuff to the link which makes them unwieldy anyway.

PS: DuckDuckGo gives the same results as google, just formats the results in a more humane and private way. It might be a valid and ultimately more pleasing work around to your issue.

I try to go to actual link if the image has less quality. As well as for some websites they are asking for login. Some times in other websites like printerest.com it’s hard to find exact photo among other photos. Going to actual link is also much time consuming as I usually grab lot of images once. Currently I am going to the actual link as it is the only way to get images without stucking.

After you said I tried duckduckgo.com. It’s also get stuck while dragging/copying images.
I think research browser of Marginnote unstable when there is lot of images on a page.
Anyway thank you for your suggestion.

Hello

For the low-quality issue, this may because the browser hasn't finished loading the image, at this point the low-quality image is loaded first and then dragged, hence the issue.

For the stuck problem, we are still working on it, and it might be helpful if you could click the button at the bottom of our browser to change it directly to google image search, rather than searching it in google and then clicking the link to change to google image search - the former approach has fewer chance to get stuck.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

Any update? This is really annoying.

Hello

The browser provided by the research window is essentially related to your network and the website service provider. Marginnote can optimize offline functionality, but network-related issues are difficult to deal with because they are not brought about by the code of Marginnote3.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

This issue is not related to network or internet speed problem. I should also mention that my internet connection is very fast.

QSD already tried to reappear the issue and he also accept that there is an issue. Although he promised to solve it in feature there is no response yet.

Didn’t you read the conversation?:thinking:

Hello

I'm sorry for the late feedback, I will take care of your problem now. Could you please give us the version of your MarginNote and iOS. Many thanks!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bryan
Support Team

MN Version 3.7.13
Ipados 14.8

Hello

Hello,

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival. Though @MarginNote-QSD has reappeared this bug, it cannot be reappeared by some of my coworkers. Now @Relight and I have roughly figured out the cause of the bug and have given detailed feedback to the developers.

Now I recommend you to long-press a picture until the pop-up menu appears, then press on the "drag photo" button. It may reduce the chance of getting stuck.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bryan
Support Team

Any response? I work a lot with google images. Therefore this bug is extremely annoying.

I have to close the research browser every time I drag and drop images from google images as it stucks.:sweat:

Hello

We update the user agent in research. But the problem seems no be fixed.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bryan
Support Team

That means never this be solved?:sweat: