Restore Purchase Problem

i use in my second computer margin notes in trial mode i purcharse margine notes from the app store in my primary computer and works ok when i uninstall the trial version in my second computer and install from the mac store margin notes i cant restore the purchase.

Hello,
Welcome new to the MarginNote Forum,I’m very sorry, this is caused by the internal purchase information of MarginNote3 being cleared, the download and purchase IDs are not consistent, the apple server is abnormal, and the purchase of iOS and macOS versions is not universal.

A. Please confirm whether your apple ID account used in “:warning:! Download! :warning:” MarginNote3 is the same. Be sure to ensure that the download ID is the same as the ID you restored to purchase (if not, please choose to browse for free, back up all your note data, and then delete MarginNote3 , re-download MarginNote3 with your ID)

B. If your ID is the same, you can choose— restore purchase

Regards,
Relight

is the same id dan.......pe@me.com

Hello,
Please reinstall MarginNote3 from App Store and see if the “restore purchase” button works.
I’m sorry for the bad experience.
Regards,
Bryan

Not Work…

now is not working in both computer…the full version downgrade itself to de view version

Hello,
It’s really strange.
First check your purchase history. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088
And if you do see the purchase information, please ask Apple Support for help.
Regards,
Bryan
MN Support Team