Restoring Deleted Pages

Hi all, am new to the forum. Pleased to meet all of you!

I’m seeking help with regards to an issue I have. I’m a new user of MN3 and I’ve tried to explore the forums. It doesn’t seem like anyone is experiencing a similar issue.

I imported a large PDF (~180 pages) to my MN3, and later decided I wanted to work with a smaller PDF. I deleted a large chunk (~160 pages) of the PDF on MN3 using the “Insert/Remove PDF” function.

Later on, I decided I wanted to keep it as a whole PDF instead (pardon my indecisiveness). I deleted the small PDF file off MN3 (both local and iCloud) and reimported the large PDF. To my surprise, no matter how I tried to re-import the large PDF, it always only shows the non-deleted pages. When I open the original PDF in Preview in the MarginNote3 iCloud folder, the PDF is whole.

Is MN3 somehow “hiding” the deleted pages? And if so, is there a way to bring it back?

Even uninstalling, deleting the MN3 iCloud folder, and reinstalling MN3 did not help.

Would appreciate any form of troubleshooting! @Support-Team

Hello

Hello, the deleted page is virtual. You need to keep the original PDF

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Hi thanks so much for your reply.

Maybe I should rephrase — when I remove the document and reimport the original PDF (no deleted pages), the pages I delete in MN3 stay deleted/“hidden”.

I thought it would show the entire fresh PDF.

Hello

Hello, you need to delete a notebook or create a new notebook. The deletion page is bound to the corresponding notebook

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team