Rotate capture?

Hi there.

I’m in awe with Marginnote 3. My reading on the iPad has been forever transformed!

For now, I only miss one thing that I believe is not possible. I’m reading some PDF’s that are vertical in design but that place some full-page images horizontally. When I capture the image (with rect excerpt) the excerpt goes into the mindmap canvas vertically and I would like to be able to rotate the excerpt 90 degrees to have it aligned in the same direction as text on the mindmap.

Would appreciate knowing whether I’m missing something and if not, it this could be incorporated in newer versions.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Hello, jlm .Thank you for your support.

Could you please take a screenshot or record a video of the operation process to describe your requirements in detail?

Regards

1 Like

I have the same issue/request. A lot of my academic papers have the models pasted in vertically so in order to read them I have to rotate my head or my device. Love the app otherwise (can’t ever describe how awesome it is.)

2 Likes

Hello Dana, sorry for the delay in responding, I will submit your screenshots and description to the development department, is there anything else you’d like to add?
Regards.

1 Like

I would also appreciate this feature ( image rotation after adding a Rect Excerpt )

1 Like

Hello

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we have seen that indeed many PDFs have this diagram in them. We will consider it.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

2 Likes

We definitely need this!! pls!

1 Like

Hi, any updates on this? This feature is fundamental.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi

Any news on this?

Sebas

No updates for this?

I also need this feature, any update on this?

1 Like

I need this too, was surprised as well not to be able to do this. On iPad this is more cumbersome than on Mac. Found a feasible solution using Preview mini which enables to do this by copying/rotating/pasting back as comment and deleting the excerpt (as this cannot be replaced - or am I missing something?).
Not very elegant but at least working.

1 Like

So it’s been well over two years to wait for a fairly standard and straightforward feature…so what’s up? We all LOVE this app and appreciate everything you’ve all put into it, but it would also be nice to feel like you guys are receiving our feedback and implementing the requested–and reasonable–changes.

Please consider making this happen asap. Thank you!

2 Likes