Search all note by 'note name', results are not showing properly

before I post this, I didn’t find any existing similar threads, so I just created a new one.

To reproduce the problem:

Search [mindmap notebooks by content] → type keyword → enter

Some of the notes previews are not showing, however still clickable, meaning the search was done properly but had a problem displaying them.

1 Like

Hello

Sorry I can't reproduce it here.

Please first try this way: [Settings]-[Buffer]-[Clear buffer to free storage space]

Then reopen the MarginNote.

Does it happen commonly or in some specific notebooks? If so please upload the notebooks.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Chelsea
Support Team

This is happening in the same version too on my Mac even after clearing buffer.

And clearing the buffer isn’t available on the Mac. It’s under the FILE menu as Clear Temp Storage.

Hello

Try to use gestures to expand the folded card. And there may be problems about the fonts. Try to change the font.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Chelsea
Support Team

There was nothing folded in the mind maps. I’ve never changed the font in MN (well, once when I first got it but they were all equally boring so I never changed them). All my mind maps have the same fonts and some of them show up, some of them don’t during a Note search with any word.

Edit: okay, there seem to be TWO circumstances when empty results are shown in the search.

1. The node itself has no title (in this case it should show the start of the first batch of notes on the node)

2. The node has a long title (these titles aren’t particularly long, they don’t push the boundaries of the field, but it seems to be more than five or six words causes the result to be empty)

After out troubleshooting, these 3 fonts are more stable. You can try to change the font to them.

P.S. Does it also happen in the outline view, like this…

Of those 3, Avenir Next is the only acceptable one for work and lo and behold, it does appear to solve the issue. Hopefully, now that the source of the problem has been narrowed down we will see a fix eventually.

Thanks much for looking into it!

Hello

Right... We'll fix it in the next version.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Chelsea
Support Team

The problem is still exist, although it seems that there are workaround.

Figure 1.1: problem still exist (search result is not showing properly)

Figure 1.2: workaround is to use other fonts

Figure 2.1: text in dark theme is not readable in the search bar unless it is highlighted manually

Figure 2.2 workaround is to use other theme

Hello

Hello, it's hard to solve this problem for the time being

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team