Search all notes (including Unadded excerpts) inside Documents and Notebooks

Is it possible to search for content in notes that are not in the MindMap (in the Unadded Excerpts section).

Sometimes I highlight passages and write comments but I don’t add them to the MindMap. I can’t seem to find how to search for these notes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Likes

Hi David,

Thanks for contacting us on the MarginNote Forum.

1.You could search for content by clicking magnifying glass icon which is on the top right corner and typing what you are looking for. But it is feasible only when your pdf is searchable. In order to solve the problem, I recommend you to try OCR PRO. After the Document recognized, you can easily search for content.

2.In order to find the highlighted notes which are not added to the MindMap, you could also click the magnifying glass icon. Here are some pictures to enable better understanding.

But what if you want to search for specific words in general? NOT in a mindmap or any documents associated with any mindmap?

For example in the documents file, I want to search for every single document that had the word “peppermint.” I am currently unable to do that, right? Because I am only able to search for documents by title. I have a lot of documents, it just isn’t feasible for me to into every mindmap or document separately to look for the text “peppermint” individually.

Hello, have you tried searching here? I hope this helps.

I have looked on the forum for suggestions. I have even purchased OCR PRO. It seems MarginNote doesn’t have the capability to search for text in documents NOT linked to a mindmap.