【Solved】Wrong display of letter "f"

I just give MarginNote 3 on Mac a try and see that it has some errors to be addressed.

For example, the letter f’s (especially in the middle of a word) are converted into ↵ as you can see in below screenshot: “different” becomes “di↵erent”. However, some words with f letters still have correct display, i.e. “flexible”. I think this minor error can be fixed easily.

Another issue I have is with the zoom function. Sometimes I can pinch 2 fingers on the touch pad to zoom in/out a document, but other times it does not perform it. It also quit unexpectedly twice in around 5 hours of usage.

So far I really love the concept and execution of MarginNote 3. It is such a helpful tool for students and I wish to use it more to aid my studying in the long run. As MarginNote 3 does not have a very cheap price tag, I hope it would soon perform better.

FWIW, in some typesetting systems, the double f is sometimes combined as one ligature symbol in its own right. Other letter combinations with f have this treatment as well.

JJW

1 Like

According to my test, this issue could be repaired by option in pic. below.

origin stat: ( ff is wrong )

repaired stat: ( opening 'Always Correct Excerpt Text through OCR)

This problem still persists.

If I use the text excerpt this way

then it is rendered as:

If I use the rectangle excerpt

it’s still the same problem:

Hello, please make sure the network is working smoothly, if you still can’t get accurate recognition result after online calibration, you can only correct it manually, because this is an online OCR engine service.

This issue still resist when using the ‘Emphasize’ feature to “emphasize” part of the sentence.

Please fix it.

Hello, turn on this switch and try emphasizing or setting it as a title again, what is the result?