Spaced Repetition - Implement Anki SRS

If remnote can do it you can too (skip to 01:50) :wink:

Probably the biggest painpoint for me with Marginnote at present is the lack of a decent Spaced Repetition System. This leaves exporting to Anki as the only option, but the Anki export never completely does what I want it to do. Even if it did, amendments are impossible. If I need to fix a cloze I have to do it again in MN and re-export. Not a realistic workflow.

The logical step then is to handle this within the application.

5 Likes

Any feedback on this support?

1 Like

Hello

Sorry for the late reply. Currently, MarginNote supports spaced repetition. It may not be as obvious, but what you do is to go to the card deck, and select "due today". This will allow you to use spaced repetition in MarginNote.

The problem here is that we don't support multiple levels of card decks, which may be of problem for you. We are aware of this issue, but I am sorry that I cannot assure you of an exact time frame when this feature could be implemented.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

This is not spaced repetition as I see it. You need more logic/explanations than what you currently have. It feels like no matter what I do in Marginnote that I just end up studying the whole deck in order without repeating cards in the same session. The point is that my memory is bad (:-P) and I need to reduce the interval to see bad cards multiple times to get it in my head. “Study Again” is not optimized enough when you have to do a lot of material. The algorithm needs to be smart enough to place the incorrect cards in the flow of the review. Are there any custom spaced repetition settings like in Anki?

1 Like

Hello

Well, I am sorry that currently we don't offer such abilities. We have had internal discussions on this matter. However, I cannot assure you of a time frame when it will be improved.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

Any movement on this? Am sick of using Anki and sure that MN would get a LOT more flashcard users if proper spaced repetition was implemented…

Paying OCR subscriber who wants to see some development effort in this area.

1 Like