Speech function

Hello, I use a lot the Speech functionality and my Margin Note in the mac is stucked in one of those funny IOS American voices. Is there any way to choose a different voice? I would like to use a British one but I couldn’t manage to do that and the app keep using the funny voice which is no longer funny :joy:. Thank you.

You can change the default voice in mac accessibility settings. I am using ‘Alex’.

Hi,

I have the same issue. I tried to change the voice in the Accessibility pane but this did not do anything with the voice used by MN3. It even does not react on a change of language…

Thx for an otherwise GREAT product!!!

JP

Make sure you changed the default voice in Accessibility → Speech settings and not Accessibility → Voiceover settings.

It would be great if the user could choose his preferred voice and language.

same problem - tried all the above and changed every single voice option to the one i like. but MN3 uses the annoying voice. it would be great if they fix this

Are there any news on this subject? Marginnote has become an essential part of my scientific work. Sadly the overall accessibility for screen readers is quite low in the product. The speech functionality works but the possibility to change voices would be nessessary. The so far described way with setting the default system language does not work. Several other products implement Apple’s speech API quite well, on macos and ios/ipados. By the way, here in Austria i would not be allowed to buy the software for my official work at the university since it is not accessible enough. General VoiceOver Support would therefore be necessary. But for a start, having the option to switch the speech voice would be a first step that would help a lot.

1 Like

One more requesting some update on this matter. I’ve changed everything on the Accessibility configuration and is still doing whatever it pleases. Worth mentioning that I tried this on both my Mac and my iPad.