Switching Projects

I really like MarginNote, but there is an area I’m struggling with. Searched the forum and can’t find anything that helps, apologies if I’ve missed something.

I need to be able to switch between completely unrelated projects, that don’t share any documents. I don’t want one project getting clogged-up with files from the other project. In other words I need to be able to switch, with a clean start, between the projects. I’ve tried doing it by recovering from backups, hoping that the ‘Replace’ option would do the trick, sadly the ‘Replace’ option merges the recovered project with the one I’m trying to replace. I’ve tried this on iPad and iPhone, I’ve not yet tried it on the desktop version.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Support?

Hello

Would you please upload some screenshots or videos describing it in detail? That way I can help you better.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

In MN “projects” as you call them are “studies” and you can have multiple studies that do not share documents, etc. Your documents are stored for all of your studies in a location but you never have to concern yourself with that, however you can create folders to store unrelated documents separately from each other if that is what you need.

I find it difficult to understand precisely what it is you want. It seems like you might be confusing documents with studies, but maybe you just want ALL of MarginNote (documents, studies, etc…) to be ‘fresh’ each time you start a new (what you call) “project”.

In which case, why don’t you just delete everything and then you are ‘fresh’?