Synching issue between Macbook & Ipad

Hi guys, I am experiencing a synching issue between my MacBook and my iPad (iPad is not loading the latest changes), and I am wondering how I can troubleshoot this issue to find a solution? Thank you!

Hello

If it’s convenient for you, can you record a specific video to reproduce the problem you said?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Thank you for the swift reply! :slight_smile:

I am a heavy user of the app for the past two years, and I have never had a synching process last this long. It normally resolves in a few minutes, but this time it’s already been a few hours without it updating.

The problem is that I have a notebook with 11,583 notes in my MacBook, and the same notebook in my iPad shows with 11,565. Yesterday night, before going to bed, the notebook had the exact same number of notes in both the iPad and the MacBook. This morning I started working on my MacBook with that same notebook, and after a while I noticed the iPad was not updating. This happened three hours ago, and the syncing issue remains unsolved.

Thank you!

Hello

Thank you for your support to mn. Have you considered the reason for your network condition?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I am using the same network I use on a daily basis and it works as normal. Is there a way for me to further troubleshoot the root cause of the issue? I need to meet some work deadlines in the next couple of days, so I would greatly appreciate a way to find a solution today. Thank you!

Hello

Don’t worry. If you are in a hurry to use your notes, you can export the backup of your notes in the settings and then restore the backup by importing it. This is the fastest way.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

What do you mean exactly? To export the notes in MacBook, and then import them in my iPad? What I would need is both the MacBook and the iPad to be synched again since I use both devices to take notes. Thank you!

Should I uninstall the app in the iPad and reinstall it again to force it to fully resynch with the cloud? Thank you!

Hello

@Turn off mn 30s in iCloud and try to turn it back on.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Just did it in the iPad. Still not updating. So normally, the way my synching problems solve is when I finally get a pop up message saying “upload version to cloud”. When I select that option it always works. How can I force MG to give me that message? Thank you!

Guys, please. I am a huge advocate of your app. I love it. I really do. Just don’t let your users down when they need a clear answer on how to solve an issue they have. I am fully available for any additional information you need. Looking forward to some more detailed instructions on how to solve this, please. Thank you!

Hello

Thank you very very much for your support.We are still trying to figure out how to do it. Please wait a moment.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Sure, thank you!

Hello

Please try the backup, delete it and import it. If it doesn’t work, restart it and try again.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hi guys, I think the iPad version of MG is not updating properly for some reason. The MacBook version does, as I can see it is fully synched up with iCloud. Could you check this please? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello

You can try the steps I just said first.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I deleted the app in my iPad, and reinstalled it again. Hopefully it works. I will let you know. Thanks!

Hello

Don’t worry, I’ve been waiting for you.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Thank you!

Hi, guys: deleting the app did the trick and all the content was synched up again. However, it only happened late in the evening (CET) and once it did, it happened very quickly. It did seem to me like something was holding the synching back for the majority of the day yesterday.

From what I see, new features have shown up in the iPad app when activating “handwriting” mode (great news! :slight_smile:), so either I was using an earlier version of the app that caused some synching issues or the release happened yesterday and it might just slowed things down for the iPad app. Either way, now it is solved :slight_smile:.

In terms of my feedback for the app: I think synching is the only essential feature that is still not working perfectly. Once that is solved, I think MG could easily outshine every other note taking app in the market.

In any case, BIG congratulations on the product, for me it is already the best app! :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like