The Relationship Between Document, Notebook and MindMap Notebook

1. Once you start making excerpts and annotations in the document in Document Module, a Notebook of this document is created automatically. Of course, you can create a Notebook manually by tapping New Notebook. And If you upgrade a notebook to MindMap Notebook, the status of the layer will change at the same time. Therefore, multiple Notebooks and MindMap Notebooks can be attached to one document, just as a person owns many pieces of clothes and chooses to put on a different one on each day of the week.

2. You can create a MindMap Notebook from a document without any excerpts or annotations, omitting the step to upgrade from Notebook to MindMap Notebook. Additionally, multiple documents can be added to a MindMap Notebook for topic learning, just as the combination of different ingredients makes an excellent dish.

3. Now you can understand that all the excerpts and annotations exist in the Notebooks and MindMap Notebooks. A Notebook turns into a MindMap Notebook with the addition of a structured mindmap. They are both the containers of your notes. If you open different Notebooks or MindMap Notebooks to make notes on the same document, your excerpts and annotations are bound to be scattered across those related Notebooks and MindMap Notebooks.

Regards,
Lea
Support Team

2 Likes

Thanks for your posting.

I just make sure if I understood correctly.

My understanding : when I open a document and take some notes on it a Notebook is created
and then if I make a MindMap Notebook for the document the Notebook that was created by taking notes and the MindMap notebook will be left.

Actually I have a problem my documents and notebooks.

Here’s my situation.
I have two different documents D1 and D2.
I took some notes on them so I expected there were two different Notebooks N1 for D1 and N2 for D2.

But N2 is on D1 and N1 is on D2. I changed the name of the documents and turn on and off the iCloud. Sometimes it worked but sometimes its didn’t.

Would you let me know what I ddi wrong and what I have to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your feedback, would you be able to upload some screenshots or videos describing it in detail? That way I can help you better.

Hi could you help me with a simple problem regarding notebooks and my annotations.

I have a document that I added already to a mind map
Them want back to the document and made a new layer of it ( a new notebook) and made lots of notes on it .
Is there a way to add that new notebook with the annotation to the same mind map that the document is already in ?

I tried and it just keeps adding the non annotated version

Hello

In your notebook, click on this icon first to create a mindmap notebook out of your current notebook.

Then, you could go to the following gif and combine the two notebooks.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

1 Like