Title Link Bug Fix, Greek Alphabet and Accents

I was finally able to identify a bug related to title link that had been plaguing me for months. First I will describe the bug then the fix.

The bug is that sometimes a title link that is created in a notebook does not work, it simply does not link to matching words.

Example:
Title-Apple
Description- A red fruit

However, when the word “apple” would appear in a pdf or excerpt, it would not link. Other words would link perfectly, but every once in a while, a radom title link just wouldn’t link, no matter what.

After A LOT of trouble shooting, I figured out the problem.

YOU CAN’T USE GREEK LETTERS (αβγδ) IN ANY TITLE IN THE ENTIRE NOTEBOOK, OR SOME RANDOM TITLES WON’T WORK.

This also extends to ANY EXTERNAL DICTIONARIES.

Example:
Title- β-amyloid
Description- A protein

This title link might itself work perfectly, but will cause problems with other title links. In this example, “β-amyloid” title link would cause “Apple” title link to not function, and if “β-amyloid” is deleted, “Apple” functions again.

Elaborating, if you use a title with a Greek letter in this notebook, everything will seem perfect for a while, there will be no immediate negative effect. Later, a random title link you create won’t work, for seemingly no reason. If you go back and erase all titles that have greek letters, all the title links will go back to working normally. Also, if you are working on a notebook with no Greek letters as title links, but you are using an external dictionary that does have any greek letters as title links, the problem will extend to your current notebook.

Hope anyone else having this issue cna benefit from this, and also hope this might get fixed, because Greek letters are very commonly used in science.

Edit: After going through many note books and erasing all Greek letters from titles, the entire marginnote app is now much faster and fluid, implying there is something very wrong with how the app handles Greek alphabet letters.

Edit2: The character “í” is also problematic. This might mean all accented characters are problematic, however this is an assumption

1 Like

Hello

could you please record a video for us?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

İ think link doesent work

1 Like

This video shows the same effect that Greek alphabet characters have, except when using the “í” character in “antígeno”, which I just realized is also a problem.

Notice the title “antígeno” makes the title “anti-apoptotic” not work anymore

Thank you for the reply

Edit: “apoptotic” remains highlighted because it is a different title, clicking it doesn’t lead to “anti-apoptotic”

Thanks, reposted :pray:

1 Like

Video posted, thanks for the reply