Unable to update syncs between platorms

My subject notebook is on my iPad on 561 and on my laptop still stuck at 561 sadly:3 does making a backup and downloading that help?

Hi @Sushi_Support-Team , Thank you for alerting us about the new update.

I’ve just installed it on MacOS and iOS, and have run manual syncs on both platforms – and have quitted the apps after running these manual syncs, and re-launching them afterwards – but unfortunately it is NOT successfully updating the selected files. Not at all; they’re completely unchanged.

Are there any other steps you’d suggest I take to update syncs between platforms? My colleagues and I (also MarginNote users) are desperately trying to make this work, and ensure that we’re working off of the most current MarginNote-created annotated files.

Please advise.

Thank you.

1 Like

Ditto all of this…

Hey @Lanco_Support-Team / @Support-Team / @Sushi_Support-Team – While we really appreciate the new update, for some reason the syncing does not work (at least for me & some other users here). In fact, it actually seems like it’s even harder to make files sync between platforms.

I’ve actually just run “Clear Temp Storage” and “Database Defragmentation,” but neither of those seem to work. Plus, I’ve run manual syncs, then quit, then relaunched the apps, then run manual syncs again. Still nothing – no successful syncs.

Is there some other kind of set up or repairs you’d suggest to make it work? I mean, it’s not syncing anything right now. It’s worrisome, and super frustrating.

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear @Sushi_Support-Team & @Lanco_Support-Team,

Can you please provide us assistance with this matter? It’s seem quite important for all of us.

Thank you.

Hello JournoProf, hello jprint,

We apologize for the inconvenience and bad product experience caused by the slow sync speed. As words can’t convey all the information, we will be willing to receive your reply with some screenshots,which will promote our understanding to your requests. And we hope you can go to the top topic(【FAQ】Collecting Problems with Sync + Troubleshooting - #11 by Lanco_Support-Team), and share necessary information (The problem-collecting steps have been listed by Lanco in that post)with us.

Putting the same kinds of questions and needs together will enhance our efficiency in handling questions raised by users.

By the way, I will log in to the forum and document user’s need and problems twice a day. So don’t worry, your suggestions will be submitted to developers in time.

Sincerely,
Bryan
MN Support Team

@Sushi_Support-Team – I don’t understand your reply. As I’ve said, and @JournoProf and other users have added, the sync IS NOT WORKING. It has nothing to do with the “slow sync speed.”

I’ve looked through the thread, including the “top topic,” in the 【FAQ】Collecting Problems with Sync + Troubleshooting post. But they’re really not helpful. They’re jumbled, disorganized, sometimes in Chinese (which is appropriate for your Chinese leaders, but we cannot read it), and therefore ultimately confusing.

Why not just produced clear, step-by-step instructions for how to set up syncing for all users?

Also, I’m happy to provide screenshots, but the steps I took are really quite straightforward:

1. I selected “Clear Temp Storage”
  2. I selected “Database Defragmentation”
  3. I clicked on specific MarginNote – on the platform that I most recently worked on those files – and selected manual sync
  4. I quit each MarginNote app’s (in iOS & MacOS)
  5. I relaunched each MarginNote app’s (in iOS & MacOS)
  6. I ran manual syncs again for specific files that I was working on – both in iOS & Mac

None of this has worked to update MarginNote files through its sync process.

What else can users do to fix this and ensure that files can sync between platforms?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have a general idea of the problems you meet. Have you opened the “MarginNote 3” in the iCloud Drive (both in iOS and MacOS)

I don’t quite understand what you mean by…

“MarginNote 3” is selected in my iCloud on my iPhone & iPad (iOS) and Mac (MacOS).

Happy to answer any more questions you have.

Thanks!

Hi Josh and Prof,

There are 4 tabs in ‘cloud sync’ activity monitor.(Documents, Doc Notebooks, Mindmap Notebook, Card Deck) Much helpful if you could provide screenshots to all of them on Mac and Ipad. We must understand what’s wrong with your software and then make a progress on how to solve it. The ‘top topic’ is just a standard form for the necessary information we needed for sync issues. We still can’t figure out all the influences to sync. Once we caught all of them, we will write a new step-by-step troubleshooting post.

Regards,
Lanco
Support Team

Ok, thanks, guys. That’s helpful, and I appreciate that you’re trying me solve this problem.

Here’s the deal… I can’t send you screenshot of those files because of privacy protections, but I can tell you that my files are NOT appearing in the Document or Doc Notebook tabs (they wouldn’t be in the other tabs).

What other questions can I answer for you?

Actually, scratch that. When I toggle from Notebooks to Documents, and then select Cloud Sync, the files appear in the first Documents tab (under “Documents Synced”).

Can you provide us with some mosaic screenshots( I mean pixelate), it means a lot to us.

I’m trying to figure out how to do that. Feel free to provide guidance.

To be clear, all one sees is just the files in my “Documents synced” window. I don’t see any disparity between the screenshot you have and what’s on my phone (apart from the different file names, of course). So, I’m not clear what my screenshot might show that would be helpful to you.

like this

1 Like

Screenshots of the status bars on the four tabs in total are highly appreciated.

Let me clarify. You asked me to…

I’m asking for guidance on how to produce pixelated screenshots for you. Thanks.

Or you can just cut out the privacy sections of your screenshot, only keeping the status bars.

Here’s what you asked for, though I don’t understand how it will help your cause. Happy to further assist if I can. Just let me know.

Thanks!

Hello, jprint,

Could you please provide us with two more screenshots of “doc notebook” and “ MindMap Notebook” tabs?

Further more, if you see “database sync error” at the top of the page, please tap on “Show Errors”, and your iCloud error report may contain “uuid= 288BE2… ” shown as the following picture, please copy the whole corresponding alphanumeric characters , type “ marginnote3app://note/ “ in Safari URL bar, followed with the pasted uuid, and you will search out the error-related spots in your notebook, please send us that notebook for us(marginnoteservice@gmail.com).

Apologize again for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Bryan
MN Support Team

OK, I think we’re getting there… First of all, I don’t have anything in the MindMaps or Cards tabs, so don’t worry about that. Second, this is what I get when I click on the Notebooks tab…

In other words, it’s taking a very long time to process and open this tab! Anyway, this is the tab when it’s actually open…

And this is the error pane you requested…

By the way, I’m just sending you the panes from my iOS, not for my Mac iOS app —but I’d be happy to send you those as well. I’ve already quickly checked those pains, and didn’t see anything remarkable. However, I took a very long time to open the Notebooks tab in the MacOS MN app — but it didn’t show any errors.

Let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like