Update issue

In my iMac, update was not installing and. Automatic backup also have some issue. Previously the backup was done by every changes but now the backup process was not working. Yesterday I did some work after 14 hours also the backup was not done.

There’s auto backup? Wow. I manually backup obsessively. 14 hours without a backup would freak me the heck out!

1 Like

Hello

Hi! Try manually install the backup file. Due to the current problem of Sparkle, the library that we use for updating MarginNote, installation may not work on some Intel Macs. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Download link:

http://marginstudy.com/mac/MarginNote3.dmg

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

I’m doing manual backup… but if the auto backup work means. It will save my time.

Hello

Just to double check, what do you mean by back-up. (Sorry for not quite getting your intent last time). Is it the iCloud sync feature? Or is it the historical archive feature?

Anyways, the automatic backup (or automatic archive) feature is quite useful, and I will forward this to the developers.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

I uploaded two videos which was taken from my iPad and iMac. Previously Icloud sync feature was working fine. But now I don’t have proper internet connection. So the iCloud backup was not done. For that only I’m asking synchronising via USB. If it’s done via USB so that my data will be saved in my iMac. And it will save instantly while using USB.

Hello

This may have something to do with the instability of iCloud. We hope to address this issue in the future by restructuring our data structure so that it is easier to sync. Sorry about the inconvenience for now:-)

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team