V 3.5.5 Multitasking Issue

Dear MarginNote team

Thanks for the v3.5.5 update including multi window support. While this is working well, I am having to double click to change the selection (e.g. in document or mindmap) when using another window.

Is there a way of sending the mouse click to another window without having to first click inside the window to make it active?

Jun

Hello Jun,

Thanks for the information provided.

Actually, there is no good way to meet your needs until now.

In my view, though double clicking to change the selection brings you inconvenience and reduces your efficiency , it decreases the possibility of palm rejection.

By the way, I will note down your demand and submit it to the developer.

Sincerely,
Bryan
MN Support Team

Thanks, Bryan

To clarify this is for Mac. I do not understand your point about palm rejection but I see no situation where it is useful to ignore my first click.

The iPad version does not have this problem - I can work with both windows without needing to tap to make one active.

Jun

1 Like

Hello Jun,

Please forgive me for my mistakes.

OK,now I agree with you that there’s almost no need to click inside the window to activate it. And I have submitted it to developer-min.

Anyway, I will keep you posted for any updated news about your problem.

Sincerely,
Bryan

Hello, Jun,

I’m so sorry that the problem may not be solved recently(but it will be added to our feature list). As the developer is trying hard to solve the sync problems between platforms and improve the writing experience when using an Apple Pencil, he has no spare time to implement the function.

Sincerely,
Bryan
MN Support Team

Thank you, Brian

I am glad this is on the list to be fixed, and I understand improving syncing is a higher priority.

Jun

1 Like

Dear Bryan

This issue still has not been fixed but thanks for adding it to the list. Do you know when it might be?

A related issue I have also noticed is that I am not able to zoom in or out with the Trackpad in another window unless I click on that window to focus on it.

Jun

Yes, that window needs to be first activated, otherwise it won’t be recognized which window it is for.