What does the idea button do

What does the idea button on the toolbar on mind maps do?

Why doesn’t MarginNote have a real user manual? What we are given is useless for finding how-to information.

The manual on this page does not exist:

https://www.marginnote.com/manual

2 Likes

Hello, we are working on the user manual, it may be released later.
Adding an Inspiration Box means creating some subspaces in the main notebook space of the brain map to temporarily collect ideas and insights generated during the learning process to the knowledge card in question.
Whereas a normal brain map branch is generally just an extension of knowledge under the current topic, and an inspiration box is more likely to be a way of starting from the current topic. Divergent thinking extended towards different topics. To be able to freely reorganize knowledge across disciplines, outside the constraints of the current Brain Map Notebook topic of study.

“May be”? Why write a manual and keep it away from users?

The lack of a manual is one of two reasons I never recommend MarginNotes to others. The other is the lack of useful plain text export.

1 Like

We‘re working hard on translating the What’s new article. Sorry for keep you await.

We’ve read every posts in this forum and keep reading. In fact, the brand-new Idea Box and Reference is actually designed to solve the questions by the members of this forum.
https://forum.marginnote.com/search?q=zettelkasten

We just need time to achieve the good feature request of you guys.

2 Likes

I do not agree that there are excess features in MarginNote. There is no comparable app, and the feature set is excellent, and should grow and mature with the user base.

What’s missing is documentation, and good Markdown export. Points I will reiterate often until the missing features are delivered.

1 Like

Hey Lanco.

Thank you and the development team for all the hard work.
Please disregard angry comments from people. Most people think that negative criticism makes people act faster. In fact it does the contrary and creates resentment.
I am very grateful and appreciative of everything this app has done for me. The way I study has been, for ever, transformed in such a way that I can now read more, practice more and master more than ever before.

Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Edward,

I received a mail regarding Third party cloud sync in version 3.7. Can you plz provide me approximate date/time when the 3.7 version will be updated?.will google drive sync available In it?.

Can u plz develope following feature in the app:

1)taking excerpts from research tab From a particular website, in such a way that if the excerpt in the mind map tapped that particular web page should be opened directly in the research tab.

2)this will help in making notes directly from internet,web.i will be even better if you provide annotations to web page too in the research tab.

3)with this feature the app will be in next level.

4)atlest hidden link to the mind map will be better for the excerpts taken from the research tab to directly open particular web page in the research tab

5)this will help students and reaserchs to great extent instead of importing. Volumes of pdfs and books for small information in the whole book.

6)plz develope it .it is Much needed

Hope this to be addressed