Writing pen stopped working after update

Hi. On January 23, I installed your update for version 3.6. I noticed my writing pen stopped working. Just now, January 25, I installed your update for version 3.6.2, but nothing has changed. The situation is the same with the highlighter pen. When I try to make an annotation I cannot see anything, it doesn’t matter color, width or mode.

I uninstalled and tried again, to not avail.

My OS is 10.13.6 and I am on a MBA 2011

¿How can I go about this? thank you in advance.

Hello, vlobaco,
Welcome to the MarginNote Forum and please forgive my rudeness. I think you may use macOS virtual device, as some virtual device may not support metal. testing - Running metal-enabled app on macos virtual machine - Stack Overflow
If I guess wrong, please give me more information about your device.
Regards,
Bryan

Hi, Bryan. I am using a MBA mid 2011. So, no virtual device.

Googling around, I learnt that metal is not supported by my laptop, one of the reason why I cannot update to Mojave. If this might be the reason, maybe you should consider the possibility of rising the compatibility to Mojave, what in turn would stop no-metal compatible laptop from getting the upgrade.

Is there a way I can go back the old version?

1 Like

Hello, vlobaco,
Thanks for the information provided.
Here is the download link: iCloud

Regards,
Bryan

Thanks Bryan. Can I suggest you update the compatibility of MN3 in App Store as well? this way when we try to download it we will be offered the last compatible version. Besides all of us with old computers won’t get incompatible updates.

Best regards.

I have a problem with the version you provided. I bought my license through App Store. Your version requires a license I obviously don’t have. How can we solve this?

Another suggestion, maybe you could add an option in settings to select whether you would like to use Metal or just the traditional engine.

Hello, vlobaco,
Thanks for your suggestions, we will consider introducing open gl for MarginNote 3 for Mac in version 3.6.?. But I’m sorry that I cannot give your an exact time.
Regards,
Bryan

Ok. Could you explain to me how I go back to MN 3.5, please? The version you sent requires a license I don’t have since I bought your software in Apple Store.

Hello,
I’m sorry. As you purchase MarginNote 3 in Apple Store, there is no method to go back to MN 3.5. But we will introducing open gl for MarginNote 3 for Mac as soon as possible.
Regards,
Bryan

hi bryan
i also have same problem
after updating to 3.6.1003
maybe the metal api is the reason
i’m using mac pro mid 2012(it supports metal) and parallels15(the latest ver and it also supports metal)
but even when i closed parallels, mn3 is still same
i’m really want updated version released as soon as possible which can be selected whether using metal or not as vlobaco suggested

Hello, uniqueid,
I get it. Thanks for the information provided. We will solve the issue very soon.
Regards,
Bryan