Automatic Citations and referances in Margin Note 2?

Hello

Thanks for your support and advice.Yesterday, we collectively discussed the all the comments in this thread. We're collecting the whole work flow of academic research and writing, that using the MarginNote and other writing tools at the same time. We are digging out more details from those integrated work flows.

Besides, we do treasure users doing academic research. But there are many users who use MN as a tool for exam prep, too. A new function may increase cognitive burden for them. So we need to balance two kinds of needs and expectations. And we are seeking a solution that is comfortable for both sides.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Leah
Support Team

1 Like

I’m grateful for this thread; I’ve been evaluating MN as part of my academic and research workflow. I would just echo others in expressing how critical this is.

Even for exam prep I often need to know who said things.

I was rather surprised to discover that exporting loses all connection with the source of a highlight, thus rendering the information useless if I’m to avoid plagiarism.

I’m not sure how an extra option “Include source in highlights” would burden anyone :slight_smile:. While apps like Highlights have deep integration with citations, simple putting the file name and page number under the highlight would be enough.

Hello - have there been any developments with this project at all please? I have spent a long time looking for a workaround for managing citations but cannot find an adequate way of doing this. But I also cannot find another app that has MarginNote’s annotation and excerpt capabilities.

I would be a huge benefit to my workflow if this could be added. Thanks for all your work developing this!

C

Hello

Hello, your suggestion has been received. We will contact the developers. Whether it can be implemented or not will be considered according to various situations. Thank you for your support for MarginNote~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Heng
Support Team