【Closed】 Mac- Pre Release Version Application

Quentin
Mac (macbook pro retina)
Maths, Foreign Policy
Evernote
New UI

1. Joar Granström, Twitter: @JoarGr
    2. Device Info: iMac 2017, iPad mini (getting a iPad Pro in september), iPhone 6
    3. Field: Student; Psychology and currently Computer Science
    4. Most used apps: DevonThink, Notability, Anki, MarginNote, Drafts, Notion, Things, PDF expert, Curio, iThoughts, LiquidText
    5. Which sections do you like/dislike MarginNote 3 the most:

• Hyperlinks when exporting to Anki
  • Sync between devices <3 Best place to sync ePub annotations imo
  • The new clean look is brilliant
  • The new kind of ‘treemap’ layout is really nice. Being able to automatically insert notes as default to their place in the Table of Contents and then from there make your own structure. Would be pretty cool if one could have two representations of the same nodes, one where you can mess around with the structure, one where the notes are always in the right place for the Table of Contents, or something like that. Multiple layouts of the same nodes. DevonThink has this thing they call Replicants where a folder can be at multiple places but being recognized as one. This could be really cool in the mindmap since often you want to put a node in multiple places. Then you could perhaps jump between them to understand a topic in different perspectives.

Suggestions/Dislikes:

• Would love to be able select text and get an option to directly make an Apple Pencil sketch annotation, e.g. for working through math exercises inside the book (hard to map to Notability if you want to look back later).
  • When tag window come up, be able to type right away without pressing the search field (for speed, especially when you have many tags)
  • Be able to copy the hyperlink for a specific node in the mindmap, so one can paste it in another app for direct access. Kind of what it does when you export to Anki, but manually. Ideal would be if you could select text you’ve not already highlighted in e.g. the pdf and with one tap on something like “Link” could create a new node and directly get a hyperlink to that node that you could paste in some other app. Would be amazing, especially since those links work on both iOS and macOS :slight_smile:
  • A bit much space wasted at the top between the toolbar and the status bar, especially on the iPhone.
  • Personally think documents mode is confusing, would rather have a full screen mode inside study mode for the book only.
  • Be able to set an offset for a pdf for the “Go to page”. E.g. sometimes when I goToPage(100), the page I get to is 87 (an offset of 13).
  • Be able to modify the Table of Contents, because sometimes they’re not available in books
  • Miss export to DevonThink (or is it hidden somewhere?)
  • Would personally love a shortcut for undo/redo when you’re not using a keyboard, like a three finger tap like they have in drawing apps, but not sure how good it would work but you could try :slight_smile:
  • Would be really cool if you got inspired by some stuff in the app “LiquedText”
  • Would be cool with a web app

toshinakayama@twitter
Device info. MacBook Pro, iphone, ipad
Major/Working filed. (Education)
Most used apps. (Evernote, OmniFocus, OmniOutliner, Ulysses)
Which sections do you like: annotation with coding

• Twitter - @darzo27.
  • Device - MBP, iOS iPad 2018 & iPhone
  • Note Compiling
  • MarginNote 3 & Notability, Previously OneNote
  • Structuring and linking notes could use improved - After linking then moving the note, links do not link back/forth to old sections.
    The ability to playback audio recordings on a note with annotations in-sync like on Notability would be a killer feature to add-on

Trying to get the activation code for Mac app :smile:

Name: Javed Anwar
Organization: Sankara Eye Hospital
Twitter account: @JavedAnwarMS
Facebook account: Redirecting...
Device(s) info: Macbook Pro, iPad, iPhone 6 plus
Work: Ophthalmologist (Eye surgeon)
Most used apps: OmniFocus, OmniOutliner, Ulysses, Scrivener, PDF Expert, GoodReader, MarginNote 2 and now 3 for iOS.
What I like: support for multiple documents linking with one MindMap, Built-in research browser

Hi Ac,
Apologies but the like/dislike you put in was a bit too simple.
Please add a few more words about your workflow and what MarginNote 3 could do to make it better suit your work/read flow aforementioned…

Regards,
MarginNote
Support Team

Hi Florispan,
The Pre-release version is mainly for users using MarginNote 3 on iOS, who also need to read and sync their database on Mac. If you have not tried out MarginNote 3 yet, please take full advantage of the 14-day trial of MarginNote 3 on iOS and see how you like it.
We will have MarginNote 3 on Mac officially available in September.

Regards,
MarginNote
Support Team

1. Jang Jeehyuk
  2. macbook pro, imac, iphone 7 plus, ipad pro 9.7, ipad mini
  3. education
  4. devonthink, omnifocus, marginnote, scrivener
  5. like: I read educational books made of pdf. Then draw a line and make it a mind map. Then, review with quiz. After that, the memorized contents are applied to our class. This is very effective.
    dislike: Ui is complicated because there are many buttons.
  1. Lyndon Drake / University of Oxford
  2. Mac & iOS
  3. Theology
  4. DevonThink, TinderBox, PDF Expert, Highlights
  5. Love the annotations, want an easy way to export a Markdown version of the annotations (preferably by AppleScript)

Ravi Nayak @ravinayak
Device info. iPhone 7 plus, iPad air and MacBook Pro.
Major/Working filed.Technology executive
Most used apps. OneNote, MarginNote,
Which sections do you like/dislike MarginNote 3 the most. Flash card
Like most: easy create note and very easy to revise them

@Mortlund

MacBook Air mid 2012, MacOS v10.13.6
iPhone 6, iOS v11.4.1

BCs student in Fire Protection Engineering

Chrome, Astro, Todoist, iThoughtsX, Evernote

The Speed of the app
Using it on iOS i find it rather slow, but faster than the previous app

The Library
With a library containing more than 100 objects it can sometimes be hard to find the right document.

nice to meet you.
I do not speak English and I write this article using Google Translator
This article may be a little awkward, but I hope that my thoughts are well communicated.

[Good point]
Mind Map is useful
Especially useful is url.
It is used in the devonthink (ios) in conjunction with the margin note url, and in the things3, it is used in conjunction with the margin note url.
I would like the main UI to get the margin note url.
I would like to use it with Margin Note 3 in MacBook.

[Hoping]
Apple Pencil Writing feel better than Margin Note 2, especially Margin Note 3 Early version only support one pen, but I am very pleased to support the ball pen as an update.

However, I would like to improve the writing feeling a bit more.
I would like to add undo and redo to the part where handwriting is used in mind map mode.

Thank you.
And I salute you for creating such a program.

When using handwriting, I found that there are undo and redo functions.

I use MarginNote 3 + Notability with the iPad spilt view function
I did not realize that this feature existed because the undo and redo functions do not appear in the UI at handwriting mode at that time.

1. Cleve @clevec
  2. Macbook Pro & iPad
  3. Teacher
  4. OneNote, Evernote
  5. Comprehensive features, perhaps can be more intuitive in the interface for ease of usage.
  1. Twitter: @doccozier
  2. Early 2015 13" MBP, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
  3. Researchers, public speaker
  4. Devonthnk Pro, Omnioutliner, Things, LiquidText
  5. I would like to have the functionality of LiquidText in an app that runs on all my devices, hence my migration to MarginNote 3.

1 linkedin @mazurov
2. Device info: mac book pro
3. Major/Working filed. Software Engineer
4. Evernote, PDF Expert, Notability
5. Like: ability to create Anki cards and type notes
Dislike: Short note titles - I need long questions sometimes in Anki, I would like also to have pictures as questions

• Jason/UNC Chapel Hill
  • VMWare Work Station 12 on Windows 10
  • Statistics
  • Onenote
  • I like the UI design and think it’s much more beautiful than the MN2
  1. Name/Organization or social account id.

@benop_jc

1. Device info. (Mac, iOS)

Mac and iOS

1. Major/Working filed. (Astrophysics/ Lawyer)

Doctor

1. Most used apps. (Evernote, PDF Expert, Notability, OmniFocus,etc.)

Cakebrowser, Marginnote3, Drafts5, KeepIt, Noted

1. Which sections do you like/dislike MarginNote 3 the most.

I love the note excerpt to mind map feature. The update is terrific (iOS). I don’t really use the flash cards feature because I can’t figure it out. Maybe there could be a tutorial.

1. Alex
  2. IPhone, Mac
  3. Classics
  4. iAnnotate, OneNote, Anki
  5. like: mind map and outline; dislike: I would like to see the actual page number of the pdf (if it doesn’t start with 1 or if they are roman numerals etc.) in the mind map.

cheers

been trying out the iPad version of margin note and liking it.

Info:
1/ Use iPhone and Mac Pro.
2.Diagnostic Radiology resident.
3. Evernote, Studies app.
4.The flash card portion of it is not intuitive. When I add the mind map for a flash card it just duplicates extra-flash cards for the chiled ones. Would be great if exporting the flash cards to studies app(similar to Anki).

Also I can’t use the Mac version because it comes up as “expired” so would really like to use the Mac and see its features.

Thank you,
Ned

hello;
1.iPhone 7, iPad pro 10.5 ,MacBook Pro 13 2012,
2.Medical student
3.Evernote, liquid text, Notability, Goodnotes,
4.one of the things that made me want to use margin note is the option to have a Mac version and sync between my devices.

Like most: the outline and the mindmap.
Dislike most: Apple Pencil experience, working with multiple documents is a bit clumsy
Thanks