Developer Stories - A Magical Pencil Box - How We Incorporated PencilKit into MarginNote 3.7

4 Likes

Nice video, it explains more than I have seen explained about pencil kit integration. I might actually start using the pencil now!

1 Like

I think the pencil kit is great for the developers and all but the pencil kit is something I avoid exspecially in note taking apps. There is no way to control pressure it just decides for you and that’s really annoying . If you guys could allow your native marginnote pens and highlighters to work on the mindmap it would be g=better than pencil kit.

“BINDING NODE SPECIALITY” is not full solution!!!
I m tired of posting same thing again and again.

whatever the use is, it leads another unnecessary CLICKS evertime the user needs to write on node.
It is unproductive. It leads willpower depletion. It is unprofessional.

The temporary FIRST solution from user is two reperative click everytime for EACH node to focus node to highlight inside. And two repeat again to come back again.
Be careful for the word “EACH”. Because ıf you dont want to lose harmony of writings İNSIDE the node, you need 4 clicks EVERYTIME for EACH node.
And unfortunately if u use big mind maps, the LAG for each 4 click gives you incredible pleasure for waiting !!!
And unfortunately the Recall mode is not accessible if user use binding node speciality !!! (That’s a second issue here)

Or (SECONDLY)

The user needs two use “SECOND WINDOW SPECIALITY” to write somethıng.
It ıs also unproductıve. Because the user AGAIN needs to Click !! And it is so small and meaningless for mind maps.

Why I m so obsessed to clicking because:
it is willpower issue.
Don’t think about the time on clicking. Think about willpower. The ability to write something freely.
For now I don’t think these temporary solutions or show from MarginNote team brings or motivates users to mind map. Because it’s not full solitons.
We should not need to open second window to write something
We should not need to click everytime for each nodes to bind our highlights at inside node

Especially for frameworks.
We need to write/annote directly (without needing to click) on Nodes. And those notes should STAY

Watch LIQUIDTEXT SOLUTION if you don’t understand what I mean:

Edit for video Note: it’s not “like MarginNote” it’s “against MarginNote”

@admin
@Support-Team

Related posts