Export to RTF — Is it Possible? Feature Request? ...?

First: this app is great!!

Next, my question: is there a way to export my notes to a single RTF file? I see the export to DEVONthink option, but it splits each note into a separate file.

If this is not possible, could it be a new feature?

For each note in the RTF file, I’m thinking it could be formatted like this (roughly, Chicago Style):

"Integer a porttitor enim. Curabitur eget venenatis quam, ut bibendum leo. Maecenas feugiat tincidunt nunc, id vulputate arcu consectetur non." (TitleOfMySource, 32).

…where “TitleOfMySource” would be a hyperlink to open the notecard in Margin Notes, and “32” would be the page number recorded in the note.

A way to export notecards filtered by tag(s) would also be awesome!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Bump. Any suggestions on this?

Bump.

@Lanco_Support-Team, could you kindly tell us whether you intend to support RTF, or not?

Hello, mobo,
I know it’s no use saying sorry.
According to Developer-min, MN3 won’t change its export format in a short term. But you indeed provide us with a very good suggestion, I will record it. Thanks! :pray:
Regards,
Bryan

Data exporting is the primary concern. We are looking for testers who got experiences with AppleScript. And help us check what the API could do or optimize. Please click the link to join: Extstester - Marginnote

Regards,
Lanco

Does anyone know if a fix was found or is coming? I just exported my first large project into DT3. To my surprise, I ended up with a file for every mind node. Not particularly useful. I immediately deleted it.