【FAQ】Collecting Problems with Sync + Troubleshooting

Hello

Hello, it is not recommended to use another app to access mn's folder at this time - you can export the file and send it to a third-party app

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Who are you answering to? I don’t see anyone using another app in the last posts at least…

Hello

Hello, such as Remnote?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Ups!!! I meant Marginnote every time I used the other similar name, sorry…! Corrected now

Hello

Oh, this problem usually occurs in multi-device sync conflicts, is the system time on your mac the actual time? You can try to close iCloud temporarily to see if the problem will occur again.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

iCloud was turned off as per these two settings - the one I post in the first pic, and the one posted by a MarginNote team member.

And yep it is perfect time in Madrid (posting so that you can verify it with the time this post is sent):
Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 14.05.40

Or do you want me to turn it off in MacOS temporarily for the whole system? _Mmm I’m trying that, now that I can see the documents again in MarginNote

me too…. need a fix for this error…

Kindly requesting support to look into this issue once please.
Thank you.

I would like to ask what I can do in facing this iCloud sync error? I have tried removing and reinstall the app for a couple of times already.

Hello

Hello, note data is slower to sync at the moment due to fragmentation issues. Please check if iCloud has been turned on to synchronize your files and notebooks (☁️ will be shown below if it has been turned on); then select iCloud from the more in the bottom left corner of the main interface, enter the synchronization interface, see if there are any errors, if there are errors, try to turn off the corresponding iCloud switch, try again after 30 seconds; if it shows that it is downloading, then please wait patiently: make sure that the connection is clear to WI-FI, stay in the iCloud synchronization interface, make sure that the device is always on, turn on the power charger; you can also try to restart the device or restore the network settings, we are optimizing the synchronization function, we expect the version 3.7~3.8 will be improved, in addition, the handoff function can be transferred, airdrop can also be tried~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Hi,
I’m a new use of MN3 on my ipad pro, I want to sync my study docs to my mac laptop but it’s not working. I need help as soon as possible.

Hello

try to turn off the corresponding iCloud switch, try again after 30 seconds,
And use wifi instead of hotspots

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

still not working. Not using hotspots. After I checked my trial subscription on mac says 13 days left while the ipad one says 11 days left. I use the same apple ID account. Maybe bcs its somehow different its not syncing properly? It’s annoying as I do really enjoy using it and was planning to purchase the full version however live syncing is an important feature for me as I need to work both with my mac and sometimes ipad.

Hello

You can try to airdrop the backup, the first synchronization may be very slow, and if this continues, it will most likely be a network problem2

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team