Getting weird symbols (“?” Etc) when excerpting special characters

When I use the text excerpt feature on formulas for example, I get the question mark symbol (?).
Is this an intrinsic problem with the iPad’s fonts or is it related to the app ?

It kinda bothers me since I can’t excerpt and emphasize things and can only excerpt things as images, which I’m guessing takes way more space and makes everything slower. Did anyone else found this problem and maybe figured out a workaround?

1 Like

Hello

请问您设置OCR选项为始终了吗,以及打开在线矫正摘录文本了吗

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hello

Have you set the OCR option to always and opened the online correction excerpt text?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Does this mean it’s only for subscription users?
I bought the one time purchase but don’t use OCR since I use mainly PDFs of books that aren’t image based. In the settings , OCR seems to be on though.

Hello

If it is not an image PDF, the selected text depends on the PDF’s own text layer, but the symbols of the formula may not be displayed well

Kind Regards,

Support Team

So it’s not dependent on fonts? Do you know a workaround or a way to fix it?

Hello

Formula support will be greatly improved in future versions, currently you can recognize formulas as Latex codes and display them in cards using plugins, if you don’t want to extract images directly

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Thanks for the answer !
Any plug-in you can recommend ?

Can anyone please elaborate on how to do this with latex on iPad ? I’m quite new to MarginNote and don’t really know what to do to make this work.

Hello

Kind Regards,

Support Team

1 Like