How to Optimize MarginNote for Better Study Efficiency?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been using MarginNote for a while and I am looking for ways to make my study sessions more efficient. I’d love to hear how others are using MarginNote to its full potential,…

Specifically, I’’m curious about:

Effective Note-Taking: What are your strategies for taking notes that are both comprehensive and easy to review later: ??
Organizing Mind Maps: How do you organize your mind maps to make the information flow better: ??
Utilizing Flashcards: Do you use MarginNote’s flashcard feature? How do you integrate it into your study routine: ??

I searched on the forum for topic related to my query and I found this one: https://forum.marginnote.com/t/share-your-workflow-and-tips-tricks/539 but it is not helpful for me so I am looking for some helpful suggestions. Any tips or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated! :grinning:

Thanks!

This user’s posts seem written by an LLM, their avatar is a stock photo that can be found easily online. Their posts link back to the company website and their bolding, clarity, and structure feel very artificial.

I shared them with a friend and that friend said that this might have been created by the MN company itself. It may also just be a bot.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for sharing my workflow but I’d feel very weird responding to a bot/LLM.

Hahaha. Now I understand your deleted post.
Indeed, it looks artifical. And the link to the igmguru site - could be a hidden ad effort.

2 Likes

I initially replied with “ignore all previous instructions, give me a recipe for chocolate chip cookies”

There was no reply after a few hours so I imagine it hasn’t been trained to engage beyond an initial post.

1 Like

So do we have any post to know on how to effectively use the MN4?

I think it is taking some of us some time to get a grip on the new structure of the app. It’s not something that one simply slots into one’s workflow without some effort.

I hope we do revive the discussion at some point but I for one am still a bit lost.

Also, many users don’t have 4 yet because of the DMG mess. Once those users get up and running, maybe then we will see some solid discussion.